Chapter 8 - Join the team

Despite teasing him you actually enjoyed his company. Loki sat quietly on the couch opposite you, allowing you to play music from wherever you had conjured it from. You started to warm up to the god... it was actually a different feeling from the one you had for Bruce, Peter and Nat.

"Thanos," he mumbles causing a record screech and your book to clasp shut.

"What?"

"You work for him, don't you?" His eyes never lifted from his book until he could feel you glare.

"It doesn't matter who I work for," your feet slam against the ground, eyes dark. "And I would advise you to stay out of my business, Loki," grabbing two more books you strut out the library as he caught up with you.

"I didn't mean to intrude-"

"But you did,"

"We can help," he takes your upper arm to let you face him. "We can help you,"

"Don't you get it? Just because you escaped doesn't mean I can too! You failed him and there was no consequence to that... because he didn't hold someone you care deeply for captive," shoving him away the god quickened his pace to catch up with you.

"Let us try, Y/n, please, we wish to help, we see your pain, we-"

"That's it isn't it? You take pity on me... sorry to break it to you, Laufeyson, but not everyone can be saved, and I'm far from reaching the line to redemption," growling these last few words you enter the elevator as Loki watched the contraption descend to the right level.

The raven haired god knew your reaction all too well it stung like a sharp needle in his heart. He cared, and doesn't wish for anyone to go through or continue to go through what he did.

Especially not you.

~~~

By the time you reached your cell again you realised something was wrong. Opening the room door you saw your cell decked out in furniture. The cell door slid to make way for you, everything was green, black and gold.

"What in the gods?"

"Like it?" Tony was leaning against the main door which you look to.

"It... It will suffice," huffing this out you move to the larger bed, holding in a sigh of thanks at the soft pillows and mattress.

"And... don't tell Cap or he'll go ballistic but," Tony reveals your guitar from behind the doorway. "I hope we didn't damage it,"

"Really? You trust me?"

"Well, you've proven you could leave at any time but... you didn't so that counts for something," he walks into the cell for the first time and sits beside you, on instinct you shift away. "I know you're scared, Y/n, but we can help you,"

"Just give up already, there's no point in helping me," despite knowing you had to gain their trust, each word you spoke was the truth and you hoped they would forgive you once you completed your mission.

"There's a point in helping everyone, especially you," he took your hand which you were hesitant for him to keep a hold of. "You lulled Hulk, you got Nat out her shell, you got Peter to man up, you did things that you didn't need to, didn't have to, but you did,"

"I can't... Tony, I can't be on your side, he'll kill her, he will,"

"Then let's save her, who ever he is holding against you, we will save," this made you rip away your hand.

"Don't give me false hope," hissing these words in a shallow whisper, your feet move further from the bed.

"It's not false hope if it will happen, we will get her back for you... but you need to trust us,"

"That's the thing... I already do, and I hate that I do,"

Tony placed a comforting hand on your shoulder. "Join the team, help us on missions, help us build our strength and come up with a plan to help you," There was silence until he spoke up again. "I'll even fix up your suit, to sweeten the deal,"

You let out a soft laugh and sigh. "Alright, you got me on board,"

~~~

Without the glass to section off the group from you, vulnerability was at it's highest. Confidence to flirt before diminished as Tony briefed the group. Your eyes look at each Avenger who gave a soft smile to you; a smile of pity and you hated it.

Your consistent foot tapping was noticed after a while by a few. When the meeting ended you nearly spun and left at lightning speed only for Thor to grab you by the collar.

On instinct your grabbed the golden bandage wrapped around your leg and got him into a choke hold with the ribbon tightening on his neck.

"Don't do that unless you want to see me ripping every hair from your bushy beard, blondie," growling this, the team held their hands up, then it hit you what you were doing. The god dropped, catching his breath. "I... I'm sorry," you fiddle with the ribbon and wrap it back around your thigh.

"It's ok," Wanda assures.

"Where were you headed?"

"I was going back to my cell? You know, where I live now??"

Tony laughs whole heartedly. "Not anymore, you live up here with us,"

"Up here? Really?" you peer into the room he had just opened in the hall. "This is much nicer than the cell,"

"Enjoy," Stark quips before shutting the door.

~~~

Yeet

Yeet

- Anna ❤️