Chapter 30 - Daddy's here now!

"My little girl going to her first dance looking more beautiful than the stars," you lifted her up in a spin.

"There they are, you girls ready?" Loki fixed his tie with a smile from the doorway of your room.

"Is Peter ready?"

"He has flowers and everything," the god chuckles as Em runs up to hug him. "Hello, sunflower, you look gorgeous,"

"Thank you, Mr Loki,"

~~~

Peter ran out the car to MJ's door; evidently Loki has been giving him etiquette lessons, or Peter has been watching too many teen movies.

"M'lady," Loki opened your door with a smile before helping Em out after you.

"Careful, Lokes, a group of predators 3 o'clock," you look to the girls fawning over the god. "Go say hi,"

"Why would I do that?"

"I thought you liked the attention?"

He nudges you gently. "I care not for their attention,"

"Picky picky, who's attention do you care for then?"

"Yours," he hums in amusement at your silent reaction. "Go ahead, I'll take care of the little sunflower," you nod and walk off in a fluster backstage.

~~~

The beat started and your strummed along to the backing band. Humming into the microphone you see the students all turn to you.

Candy, she's sweet like candy in my veins
Baby, I'm dying for another taste

You lift your gaze around the crowd

And every night my mind is running around her
Thunder's getting louder and louder

Your lay eyes on Loki who was smiling right at you, his eyes bright.

Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle
I can't let you go now that I got it
And all I need is to be struck
By your electric love
Baby, your electric love
Electric love

It seemed in that moment all you sung to was him. Everything faded out as his crossed arms loosened at the eye contact you kept.

Drown me
You make my heart beat like the rain
Surround me
Hold me deep beneath your waves

You couldn't sense any desire from him but Em could see the pure romantic attraction.

And every night my mind is running around her
Thunder's getting louder and louder and louder

The little girl nudged Loki forward making him smile and ruffle her hair.

Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle
I can't let you go now that I got it
And all I need is to be struck
By your electric love
Baby, your electric love
Electric love

Closing your eyes for a split second you felt a certain hope you hadn't for a while.

Rushing through me
Feel your energy rushing through me

Passion flowed with every word and Loki could hope that the eye contact was for him.

Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle
I can't let you go now that I got it
And all I need is to be struck by your electric love
Baby, your electric love

Strumming the last notes the crowd goes wild and your eyes open to meet back with Loki's. After a quick bow you left the stage as music came back on, you walk to the two deities and smile. Your little girl hugging you tight and Loki's gentle gaze never leaving.

Em sensed the fact you wanted to talk to the trickster so she excused herself to the punch table.

"I think we should talk," you both blurt out, surprised at the matching confession.

"You go first," he insists making you nod.

"If you still want to, if you still hold the same feelings, I'd be happy to court you-" Loki rushed forward and kissed you. Easily kissing back you smile against his grinning lips. "I'm guessing that's a yes?"

"A hundred yes's and more, darling,"

"How touching," Your heart dropped at the sudden, deafening and familiar voice.

"Tenebris," you growl and spin to the rogue god. He towered just as high as Loki, their eyes matching in deep green. However the rogue god's dusty blonde hair contrasted greatly with Loki's raven locks.

He wore a large brim hat with a grey feather sticking from the side, as for attire? Fabric draped like oozing ink, an aesthetic he was keen to keep.

Gloved hands held onto a dying rose, the main choice of weapon... Not much at first glance but like your guitar it was the main concentrate of his energy. A cool trick he loved to do was hold it to other gods and let it extend into a staff and hit them which never failed to make you laugh.

"Darling," the god struts forward and tries to take your hand for a kiss only for you to take it away. "Oh?"

"What are you doing here?" your snarl was low and menacing.

"I'm here to take my daughter back... she has proven useful and powerful,"

"Over my dead fucking body, asshole,"

He holds up his hand and clicks his tongue. "Still spewing distasteful insults I see,"

"Get out of here before I rip that stupid grin from your face,"

The threat was seen as petty, his laugh ringing out below the blasting music only to stop at the voice of a girl. "Daddy?"

"Princess?" Tenebris spun and lifted Em up. "Oh, my little girl has grown so much!" he covers her face in kisses.

"What are you doing here?" She cringes at the affection she has never received before.

"I've come to get you, my sweetheart! Daddy wants to spend time with his powerful little goddess," she tilts her head in confusion. "Oh, yes, that's right, Daddy is here now and wants to spend all his time with you!"

"Why? You weren't here before for me or mummy," she pouts making him laugh and nuzzle her face.

"Daddy was very busy, but I'm here now, so let's go!"

"Put her down, Tenebris, she's my daughter,"

"And she's mine too, so I think I have custody, Ciao!"

~~~

Oops-

Oops-

- Anna ❤️