Chapter 25 - First day

Fixing on your heels quickly you look up to see Emerald scarfing down her food. "Eat any quicker and you'll choke, sweetpea," you kiss her on the crown before grabbing a morning coffee.

"Sowy Mwammy!" She says with a full mouth.

"Everything packed?" she nods and points to the bag slung over the chair. "Good girl, come on, let's go,"

"Mm, can Mr Loki come drop me off?"

"Uhm, of course," you quickly knock on the god's door to which he opens it up, fully dressed.

"She woke me up this morning, don't worry," he smiles.

"Sorry about that," you toss the keys in the air and gesture him to follow.

~~~

"This must be Emerald," the principal bent his knee to greet the girl. "Nice to meet you, beautiful name, young lady,"

"Thank you, sir!"

"And amazing manners, you'll fit right in," he stands up to shake your hand. "Principal Scott, just call me Ben, you must be the parents?"

"No, I'm just the mother, Loki is just a friend," you assure the man and shook his hand.

"Divorced?"

"Absent, thank the gods," you laugh as he opens the office door for you. "I'm sure you've been briefed about Em's situation?"

"Goddess of love and hope, quite the mouthful," Ben chuckles. "Now, she will be doing each year normally as any other student, maths, english, science, the latter,"

"And additional classes?"

"We have arts and crafts, sports, clubs, the whole lot-"

"Oh! What about astronomy? I know all my constellations!" Em boasts as she sits on your lap.

"Astronomy? Emerald is 5, right?"

"Technically she is 312, but 5 in human years... wouldn't matter considering it's still 312 years of life,"

The principal holds his jaw tight and nods. "We don't have a club for that... but we have a chess club?"

Em hums on the idea before nodding, not knowing what chess was. "I'm sure she'll love it,"

~~~

"This is the science labs, all safety precautions are taken and assured," you peer into the lab to see kids blowing bubbles as Em frowns.

"Principal Scott? Is alchemy a subject?"

"Now, now, sunflower, this is Midgard, Alchemy was abandoned centuries ago," Loki tapped the girl's shoulder lightly.

"Yes, we do have chemistry, biology and physics, if that will be ok?"

"That will be just fine," you hold your daughters mouth and smile at Ben.

~~~

"Behave now, sweetpea, here is money in case you want to buy lunch, but there is a sandwich in your bag,"

"Yes, mummy," she smooches your cheek before looking to Loki. "Thank you for coming, Mr Loki!"

"Of course, dear," he kisses her crown, watching as she ran off to her class.

"Hold me back before I run after her," you mumble.

"Come on, it's one day, what's the worse that could happen?"

~~~

Nothing, surprisingly. Emerald was an absolute doll to all the teachers. They adored her endlessly, her smarts brightening their eyes.

She answered everything quickly, eagerly and correctly.

And soon, it went like clock work. Wake up, get ready, bring Em to school, go home.

Sometimes Loki would tag along, sometimes he wouldn't, depends on how Em felt.

Then you got that phone call.

"Hello?" you chirp.

"Miss L/n, it's me, Ben, the principal at Emerlads school?"

"Of course! Hello, Ben, and please call me Y/n, how may I help you?" Tony looked up from his work in the labs to pay attention.

"Emerald is doing exceptionally well in school, she took all her tests for the semester and... she aced them all perfectly! We have even given her tests for higher levelled academics and still perfect results,"

"That's amazing! Oh, she'll be ecstatic to know!"

"I'm sure she will be, but the school board and department of education has brought up the offer to send her right to High School,"

"What?!"

~~~

"Em, I got a phone call from your school today,"

The girl's heart dropped. "Oh no... I got question 7 on my maths test wrong didn't I?" she pouts.

"No, no, you aced all your tests with flying colours," the team gleamed and congratulated the girl. "But, Principal Scott has asked for us to consider enrolling you in... Mid Town high,"

"Woah, what??" Peter clattered his cutlery. "My school?"

"Yeah, pumpkin, I hope that's ok?"

"That's amazing! Good job, Em!" Peter ruffles the girl's hair. "When does she start?"

"I haven't accepted,"

"Why not? I want to go to school with Petey!" Emerald sits on her knees and begs. "Please!"

"I don't know, I want you to have a normal childhood, sweetpea,"

"I'll have so much fun there! No one in my school wants to talk about Alaric Elmore's findings on Korbin poisons!" She whines with those saucer-like eyes.

"I- I can talk to you about that, you don't have to go to high school like that... And it's not like humans know about that stuff, they aren't that developed!" You look to the group. "No offence, guys,"

"None taken,"

"Come on, Y/n, she'll be fine! Ned, MJ and I will take good care of her!" Peter and Em jump off their chairs and start to beg on their knees.

"Come on, Y/n, let her go," you snap your glare to Loki who smirks.

"Fine! Alright,"

"YES!" the goddess and spiderling dance in success as you groan in frustration.

~~~

Yeet

Yeet

- Anna ❤️