Chapter 20 - Bamboleo

Each step was taken and you could feel eyes travel along you. Grabbing a glass of champagne, you sip responsibly before a shoulder tap was felt.

"Madam," a man with piercing blue eyes and a jaw to cut wood held out his hand.

"Please, call me Cassandra," the 'r' rolled off seductively. "A dance?"

"Would be an honour," his accent was thick and enchanting. One dance couldn't hurt.

His hand met your waist but there was something familiar about the way he held you. "What would your name be?"

"Don't you recognize me?" his accent turned British instantly.

"Loki? Why aren't you in position?"

"Technically, I am," he nods over to his illusion who was keeping watch. "You left my side, so I keep my word," he spins you around, hands held tight.

"I'm sorry, I just... I can't spend the night," you mumble into his ear, leaning into his touch before pulling away.

"Why not? What caused this?"

"Nothing... I just wasn't made for that type of thing, I tried once and that ended horribly-"

"So you wish not to try again?" Loki flushed your back against his chest, leaning you to the side.

"No, because I can't risk it,"

"Risk what?" Loki urged for an answer to which you gave none. "Y/n, you can't keep pushing away people,"

"Who says I can't? I've been doing it all my life and will continue to do so... and you being affectionate and loving won't change that," his hands loosened their grip on you.

"Am I not enough?" he whispers.

"This isn't about being good enough, Loki, this about the fact I'm not willing to fall in love again!" You push him back and walk away.

"Y/n? Who was that? Are you ok?" Thor asked through the coms.

"I'm fine, just some asshole," you breathe out just as Bucky gestures you over.

~~~

"Keep the coms on, we need all the info,"

"Princessa, I'm so glad you stayed," Alejandro patted his lap which you sat on.

"And miss a night with you? No way," you laugh, kissing him softly. "What is it you do here anyways? I love it when a man boasts his power... especially in bed," you hum, loosening his tie.

"Is that so? Well, I'll tell just you, my doll," he takes your hand and leads you into the locked study. "I run a large operation, building weapons for open minded men,"

"Mm, I'd love to see more..." you tug on his collar which urged him to take out the right plans. "Wow... this is amazing!" You sigh.

"Isn't it?" he grazes his hand over your ass and smacks it causing you to head butt him.

"Whoops,"

"Bitch!" he clutches his bleeding brow.

"I'm so sorry, baby, I didn't-" you dig your heel into his thigh. "Mean to! Oh, let me make it better," taking a metal pole from the fire you knock him out with it. "Sweet dreams,"

"Had your fun?" Tony asks in amusement.

"Oh, so much," you pack the plans up back into it's tube when there was a pounding on the door. "Uh... no one ordered pizza right?"

"Sir, are you ok?"

"Barnes, what's the situation?"

"Not good?" he squeaks, evidently hurt.

"Fantastic," you sling the tube over your shoulder and wait for the men to barge in. When they did, they were met with a solid kick to their faces. "Ciao, ladies," you sprint down the hall only for there to be men surrounding each exit.

Bamboleo started to play making you grin from ear to ear.

"Always wanted to do this," you sprint down the hall surpassing the guards and tossing your heels at the gaining ones. Down halls and more halls, up a few stairs, there was an exit to a balcony. "Someone pick me up east side!"

"Where are you?"

"Uh, look up?" You climb onto the high ledge to see a large drop leading to the ocean.

"Are you insane?!"

"Maybe," The tempo picks up it's pace just as the men corner you. "Gentlemen," you salute and fall backwards as the iconic line was sung.

Bamboleo!

Wind rushed through your hair as your dress floated upwards. A sudden pair of arms grabbed you, landing you onto the dewy ground. "Anyone able to get my shoes from the third floor? They were my favourite pair,"

"Got em," Wanda assures.

"The rest of us will deal with Alejandro, get the plans to the hotel and scanned to SHIELD,"

"Yes, sir," you salute to Cap looking out a window. "Come on, Samantha, let's get out of here,"

"Don't call me that," Sam scowls before flying you away.

~~~

"We leave tomorrow night so let's get shit faced," Clint cheers with the other's drinks.

"You are insane for pulling that," Bruce wiped off the dribble of his drink from his chin.

"It was for the aesthetic, plus, it was the perfect song," you down the rest of the burning liquid. "But gods was that scary! Never doing that again,"

"Good, because I'm not catching you if you do," Sam grumbles.

"I'm touched... How is Alejandro?"

"I think your work made it easier to move him into a cell," Vision chuckles.

"Good,"

~~~

:D

- Anna ❤️