Chapter 23 - Own room

The next two weeks was spent making up for the time lost with Emerald. What was it? The 15th time you've sung happy birthday? But you didn't mind, you would sing as many happy birthday's as she wanted!

Because she was your little girl, and she was growing up way too fast.

"Mummy! A greasy man is here to see you!" Em knocks frantically at the bathroom door.

Your heart dropped but you couldn't hide any longer. Drying your hair you walk out to see Loki waiting with a stack of books. "Hey, Loki,"

"Y/n," he slots through the books. "I thought maybe you both might be a little bored here,"

Emerald was the first to rush forward and grab the books that towered over her in mass. "Thank you, Mr Lacki,"

"Loki," he corrects with a chuckle.

"Thank you," you mumble, helping Em balance the books in her hand. "You didn't have to,"

"I wanted to," he smiles softly before clearing his throat. "I- I talked to Stark about letting you out of here..."

"Out of here? Am I going to be held at SHIELD now?"

"No... uhm, we still want you on the team, truly,"

"On the team? After what I pulled?"

"We care for you, Y/n... I care for you," he breathes out in confession making your heart leap a few times. "You're a wonderful addition to the tower, the most tolerable might I add, and... I'm sure we can give Emerald the childhood she might have missed out on,"

"Would you really do all that? Trust me again?"

"I would... because I never stopped trusting you, that's the problem, I know there's good in you, there always has been," Loki stepped forward with a soft gaze. "You only ever do things for the benefit of others,"

Emerald watched with curiosity at the interactions, her eyes peaking over the book she held to her face. A soft tingle plucked at the ends of her fingers, a soft pink light sparking.

"Cool..." She looks down at them in wonder only for them to stop the moment you broke your gaze from Loki and looked to her.

"What's cool, sweetpea?"

She hums and looks up in surprise. "Uh, nothing, I just don't understand this," she holds the book up.

"Maybe... it's because it's upside down?" you flip the book before tickling her. "Silly little girl,"

Her giggle ring out pure bliss as she runs away to the door and bangs on the glass. "Help me, Mr Loki!"

"Hmm, should I? Or should I help your mother?" the door opens as he grabs the girl, spinning her around.

"Traitor!" She bursts into laughter as Loki poked at her sides. Your eyes softened at the sight of the two, your heart skipping beats at each laugh that harmonized from them both. Then you saw the devious looks in their eyes as they turned to you.

"Don't you dare... Don't you- Ah!" You run away from the two and lock yourself in the bathroom.

~~~

It took some strong persuasion from the team to get Fury to let you go, let you stay out of prison. Emerald's puppy dog eyes helped a lot with the process.

"I'm 312! I can have my own room," Emerald whines as she tugs at your hand.

"Listen to the kid, Y/n, she'll be fine," Tony nudges your glaring self. "Besides, she'll be right next to your room,"

"Please, mummy! Please!" She pleads, now on her knees.

"Fine! Ok!" You sigh, leaning back against the wall as Em rushed into the plain white room and gasped in delight. "Gods, what's next? School?"

Nat and Clint laughed awkwardly, holding out an acceptance letter for Emerald. "She starts next week when all school starts!... surprise!"

"I- NEXT WEEK?!"

"Woohoo!" Emerald cheers as she climbs into your arms. "Do you think I'll make friends?"

"You definitely will, sunflower," Loki takes Em out your arms. "I think your mother needs a moment,"

"I think I need a nap to process this,"

~~~

"Mummy! Come on! Mr Stark said we can go furniture shopping for my room!"

You drag yourself off the bed as Emerald takes away the duvet and curls herself in it. "You are growing up way too fast, sweetheart,"

"I know! Isn't it great?" She giggles as you grab some clothes to get changed into.

~~~

"Weee!" Emerald sat in the shopping cart as Peter pushed her around. "Oh! Stop! That one!" She points to a loft bed.

"Uhm... don't you think that's a little dangerous?"

"Come on, Y/n, it's just a bed," Thor pat your shoulder as you sighed, giving up.

"What about wallpaper, Em?" Peter helped the girl find a wallpaper or an appealing colour along the many walls lined with such.

"Mm, green, black and gold like Mummy and Mr Loki!"

"How about this one?" Loki bends down to Emeralds height and shows her a green wallpaper with carnations. "Carnations are symbols of love, which by the sounds of it you're the goddess of,"

"Perfect!" she takes the sample and hands it to Stark who nods. "Mummy? Can I get a bean bag like Petey? His one is so comfy!"

"Go ahead," you shoo her off as she climbs onto Pietro, the two zooming off. "She starts school next week, gods I'm not ready!"

"Did she not have school before? She is 312, correct?" Loki looks off in the distance at the speedster and girl.

"I home schooled her whenever I could, other rogue deities helped but... she missed quite a bit when you know who took her,"

"But she's 312, surely she didn't miss that much?" Sam looks at you.

"You forget that wasn't the first time she's been held as leverage against me, there were many before that wrinkled asshole and I doubt he'll be the last," exhaling deeply, you walk off leaving the group.

~~~

Yip yip

Yip yip

- Anna ❤️