CHAPTER 3: business partners

'do i know you?' a voice questioned, as a tall limp figure approached me. i snatched the cig out of my mouth and cleared my throat.

he stepped forward and i was taken aback. he was scrawny, wearing some loose black trousers with a basic short sleeved t shirt, despite the freezing weather. his hair was the most distinctive, with a buzz cut hidden underneath some electric blue dyed curtains, falling on either side of his head. he glared at me with his emerald eyes and scoffed, beckoning for more questions, before i could even answer the first.

'aren't you like 15? why are you smoking a cig behind the sports hall? shouldn't you be like.. playing with barbies?'

i tilted my head and readjusted the bag strap on my shoulder. 'aren't you like 17? shouldn't you be revising?' i shot back. i could tell he was a sixth former from the id land yard around his neck and the lack of uniform.

'no? i'm here for my daily smoke like i've done every day for like, forever. at least lend me a cigarette ' he replied, eyeing the packet of marlboro's in my bag.

'i don't even know you. my friend gave me these, you can fuck yourself if you thi-'

'i'm judd. do you know me yet?'

i froze. judd? judd birch? the one m told me about that... allegedly had a thing for me? the fuck? this can't be right. he seemed like a right prick. but i decided to compromise in the hopes that he had a monster or a redbull lurking around.

'i'm stass. i'll give you a cig if you have an energy drink, i'm still half asleep.'

judd laughed, then pulled out a mango loco monster. i pulled a cigarette out my bag and swapped it with him.

he jokingly shook my hand and looked me in the eyes.

'pleasure doing business with you, stass with the ass.'

my heartbeat spiked. i felt a spark through the way he grabbed my hand. i shrugged it off, displayed him an obviously forced smile, cracked open my monster, and strode off.

'perv' i said, as he stood watching me walk away, loud enough for him to hear me.

'see you around machinegunkellyfan123.'
and that was when i realised...

he was the one who followed my spotify.