CHAPTER 22: home

eventually, i got up. and i walked out of school without looking back. it was at that moment that i realised that i had no where to go. i still hadn't spoken to my mum and all my shit was at judd's.

i decided to walk back to his in the hopes that his parents would be there to let me in and get my stuff. i could make it up to my mum, if i really tried.

the air was cold and harsh as i walked out of the gates. i wanted to listen to music but it almost felt awkward. everything judd said was still replaying in my head and i just needed to run through what was going to happen next, in my head. maybe i should apologise. but then again, fuck him - i just asked a question.

i got to judd's house and took a deep ass breath before mustering up the courage to ring the door bell.

judd's mum came to the door and smiled awkwardly.

'stass, right? sorry we haven't had the chance to meet before this, elliot told me you were staying here. but why are you here now? aren't you meant to be in school, and where's judd?'

before i could think to reply, i burst into tears helplessly. she pulled me into a hug. she shut the door behind me and nodded to the sofa.

'come on, let's talk.'

she passed me a cup of tea as a nice gesture, and i sipped it politely. it wasn't sweet enough for me but i still drank it obediently.

'i'm assuming you're crying because of judd?' she asked, speaking gently.

'yes. we had an argument because i heard a rumour about him and i stupidly believed it. i feel so dum-'

'oh don't tell me it's the one about him allegedly abusing his girlfriend.' she sighed.

i blinked and nodded.

'oh for god's sake. honestly i don't blame you for the way i reacted, that's the way i did. i can assure you it's all, pardon my french, bullshit. what did he say to you in the argument?'

'he just seemed really angry, like really angry. he walked off before i could apologise so i just decided to come here because i don't really have anybody or anything else.'

'oh honey.' judd's mum hugged me again and pointed upstairs.

'you can stay off for the day. go and have a nap, do whatever. i'll send judd a text to let him know that you're here safe, and that you're waiting for him to come home so you two can speak calmly.'

'thank you so much' i choked, dragging my school bag towards the stairs. the woman smiled and turned to her phone. i climbed up the stairs and reached judd's room. i dropped everything and climbed into his bed weakly. i was only there for a few minutes, before i fell asleep.