CHAPTER 14: runaway

eventually i saw mcdonald's in the distance and assumed that we were pulling up into the drive thru.

'i don't have any money.' i said, turning to judd.

'of course you don't faggot, i'll pay.' i smiled at him and started to think about what i was going to order. i ended up just going with 6 nuggets, some fries and a coke.

we parked up to eat and i threw a nugget at judd. he laughed his head off and threw a chip at me. i threw about 4 chips back.

'stop before i tear your guts out.' he said, almost sternly. i tried to turn my head so he couldn't see my smirk but i knew he saw it. i carried on eating and asked him where we were going next.

'we can go back to my gay house and you can spend the night if you want?' judd replied, nervously. i nodded my head enthusiastically and said i would need to pop back to my house to get a few essentials.

'yeah, of course faggot. we'll go there now.'

we sped back down the roads and i imitated playing the guitar when forget me too came on. somehow judd found it hilarious and had to slap himself to stay concentrated on the wheel. 'you're so fucking weird stass.'

the car wheels squeaked onto my driveway and i hadn't even thought to come up with an excuse as to why i was staying at someone's house on a school night. mum answered the door and i was just about to tell her about my alledged sleepover with m when she grabbed me by the wrist and yanked me inside.

'let go of me mum, what the fuck?' i panicked, trying to get her to loosen her grip. she looked at me angrily and put her finger to her lips.

'your sister is home, shut the fuck up. we can make this easy, or we can go the hard way. you tell me who the fuck is waiting for you in that car, and maybe i won't put you on house arrest for a month.'

i scoffed, and pulled away hard so her grip on my arm was lost. 'go fuck yourself. i'm going to stay somewhere for the night and i've come here to get my stuff. it's none of your business.'

mum stood there defenceless. she began walking up the stairs after me when i went to get my stuff but i slammed my bedroom door.

'if you come any closer i'll tell dad.' i screamed, my back against the door to barricade her from getting in. suddenly her footsteps stopped, and i heard her beginning to go back downstairs. i didn't like arguing with my mum but i cared more about judd than anything else in that fucked up moment. i grabbed some sweats, a hoodie, some socks, my fishnets, my knee socks, as much school uniform as i could find, my nike jumper, deodorant, my make up bag, hair brush, and then ran to the bathroom. i picked up my wash bag and toothbrush. i didn't know how long i was going to be gone, but i had to get as much as i could. i ran back downstairs and searched the house for my sister. i planted a kiss on her forehead and told her i would be back soon. she couldn't even get another word in, before i was out the door, throwing my things into judd's boot.