CHAPTER 29: a fucking bore

eventually i arrived at the park. the wind was blowing against my uniform and i raided my bag for my lighter just in case. i found an empty bench and waited anxiously for brooklyn.

a voice broke the silence. 'yoooo stass what's up??'
i whipped my head around and noticed it was him. i walked up to him and was decently surprised when he wrapped his arms around me. i hugged him back and sparked conversation on where we were going to smoke.

'i know a spot just outside the woods. there's a few logs there to sit on. i got some food as well for them munchies init lol'

'perfect. let's go.'

we arrived at the spot and i perched on the edge of a thick log, waiting for brooklyn to organise himself. he pulled the zoot out of his pocket and stuck it in his mouth.
'light it for me?' he said, tilting his head. was he trying to flirt? i couldn't really read him. nethertheless , i nodded and lit it.

he took a few puffs then passed it to me between his fingers. i took a few and passed it back. we continued this routine for about 5 minutes before we'd finished the zoot.

'cant tell if i'm high as shit or if you're the hottest fucking girl ever' brooklyn grinned, leaning towards me. i pulled away from him and laughed nervously.

'brooklyn i have a boyfriend don't be silly. let's eat, you're high as shit.'

'you're a fucking bore, thought i could at least get a high shag out of you.'

i cocked my head and furrowed my brows. what... the actual fuck.

'get the fuck out you cunt, i'm leaving. your weed was shit anyway. delete my number.'

i walked out of the woods without looking back and went to look at my phone. everything was so slow. i tried to unlock it but i couldn't. i wanted to call judd but school was still on for another 20 minutes. maybe i could text him? every letter on my keyboard blurred together and every step i took felt like it wasn't mine. what the fuck just happened. what the fuck was judd going to think of me after hearing about this. what the fuck.

i decided to just walk straight home. i peered behind me a few times to see if brooklyn was following me and luckily he wasn't. even if he sobered up and apologised for saying that, i didn't trust him. no one says that shit high if they didn't think about it sober. i shuddered at the thought of him and carried on walking.

i rang the doorbell on my house and swallowed the lump in my throat, although i had cotton mouth like a motherfucker.

'hi mum.' i groaned as she answered the door. she smiled weakly and walked back to her office. she was probably on a call. thank god she hadn't noticed that i'm low-key greening out.

i walked to the kitchen and scoffed some toast and shit from the fridge in an attempt to sober up. all i wanted was judd. whenever i got fucked up i always longed for someone. and recently, it had always been judd.

i moped up to my room and noticed it was 3. school would be out in a few minutes. i texted him.

'meet me at our smoking spot when school ends i need to c u. xx'

i still felt waved but at least i was sober enough to construct a text. i scrolled through my contact list and blocked brooklyn. this shit sucked because i actually - for once - thought i'd found a real friend. never mind lol. he can fuck off.

i started walking back to school to get to the smoking spot. i weaved around the sectors of the school to avoid a teacher spotting me as they knew i'd gone home. i reached the spot and sank down to start rolling a shaky blem.

as i was sealing it with my tongue, judd turned up. i put it between my lips and hugged judd before slipping the blem back into my fingers to give judd a peck on the lips.

'what's up stass? it seemed fuckin urgent.' he questioned, signalling for me to pass him the blem so he could light it.
'long story short this boy who i thought was my friend offered to bun a zoot with me so i agreed and then he called me a 'fucking bore' because i didn't want to shag him. he got me high in an attempt to use me. gross lol.'

although it wasn't exactly the whole truth, it was close enough to what happened.

'holy fuck if i was there i would of beat his fucktard brains out. he knew you had me right?'

'yeah of course. i thought i made it super clear that i was in a relationship and had a boyfriend. oh well, i told him to fuck off, walked home, and blocked him. i'm still a bit frazzled though.'

'as long as you're fine. kind of fucked off that you didn't tell me you were seeing him but whatever. i trust you. just communicate next time faggot, ok?'

i nodded and he pulled me into a hug.

'wanna come back to mine? mums ordering a chinese tonight and she asked if you wanted to come along for it.' judd asked me.

'fuck yeah. only problem is my mum wants to meet you. you can dip into my house for a min on the way home to just say hi. is that ok?'

'yeah ok. i'll just try not to turn her into a vegetable for what she's done to you.'

i laughed and kissed him. i stubbed out the blem and we started walking towards my house.