CHAPTER 19: high school sweethearts

judd's alarm on his phone woke me. his back was pressed against mine and his hands were snaked around my waist. he didn't wake up on the first few rings of the alarm, so i leaned over and tapped the alarm off whilst peeling him off me.

i climbed over him and walked back into his en suite. i hadn't even realised how poorly i took my make up off the night before. i washed my face with warm water and hopped into his shower before he woke up.

i walked back into the room, squeezing my wet hair in a towel and got out my uniform. i put on my knee socks, my skirt, my shirt, my tie, and this time instead of my nike crewneck, i went for one of judd's vintage adidas ones. i walked over to his full length mirror and was going to make a start on my make up when i realised he was sat up in bed behind me.

'jesus fuck what time is it?' he groaned, roping his hands through his hair, trying to part it neatly.

'7:30, we've got like an hour till school starts. you ok?'

'yeah i'm fine faggot. i'll go have a shower, you keep getting ready.'

i nodded, and carried on with my make up. i did my normal full face but decided to add some dark lipstick. i brushed my wet hair and tied it into two plaits so that when i dried it, it was wavy.

judd got out the shower, and the towel was wrapped comfortably round his waist. he had a fucking banging v-line, may i add. he got into his usual fit and asked if i wanted anything from downstairs.

'can i have a few slices of toast?' i asked, finishing up on my lipstick.

'of course retard, i'll be back.'

he closed the door behind him and i jumped to my phone to see if i had any texts from my mum, or m.

i had none from mum, but m had sent a few.

yesterday, 7:31pm

⚪️that's fine, i can hang out another day x

today, 7:53am

🔵shit love, sorry i didn't reply. i'm at judd's house, i'm not going back to mums for as long as i can. i'll explain it all to you when i see u next. will u be in school by any chance?

she replied almost instantly.

⚪️wtf judd's?!?? bitch you gotta explain. i'll come in today just for that, plus we have double catering so we can just chat shit. i'll meet you in the food tech toilets at the start of p1, i don't mind skipping x

🔵yes okay. love you, see you then x

i set my phone down and locked it. i was so excited to see her, even though it had only been a few days. i unpacked all the clothes out my bag and threw in the stuff i only needed for school. i fiddled with my hair in the mirror until judd came back upstairs.

'here's your toast, faggot. let me grab my bag and we'll leave.'

i stuck the toast in my mouth so my hands were free, undid my now-dry plaits, and grabbed my bag and phone. we lumbered downstairs and i threw a piece of gum into my mouth after i was done with the toast. we got out the door and decided to walk to school as we had a few spare minutes.

judd reached out to hold hands with me as we walked and i laughed. judd birch.. holding my hand? must be a fuckin dream. we got to school and i decided to skip registration with judd. we went to his smoke spot, the place that we met. i got some cigs out my bag and we shared one whilst giggling about the situation that we'd left the school in last night.

'i'm praying we don't see that secretary. she's got it out for us.'

'me too.' i replied.

the bell rung, and i hopped off the brick wall and leant up to kiss judd gently on the lips. i told him to meet me here at break, and he nodded.