CHAPTER 6: spiked

when i woke up, my whole body felt like fucking tv static. my mouth was drier than ever and i ached for a sip of water. i sat up and opened my eyes.

this wasn't my room, or anything that i'd ever known before. the walls were dark blue, but chipped almost everywhere. there were shitty hmv posters clinging onto the walls by pieces of cheap tape. there was a record player tucked into the corner with a stack of records next to it, in which some of them i recognised. the bed sheets were plain black with a abstract grey pattern. the room stank of stubbed out cigarettes and musky aftershave. i turned to the last part of the room which i hadn't inspected and gasped.

judd was sat on the floor, his head against the wall, staring at the ceiling, like something was happening up there. my nike crewneck was on the floor next to him, folded messily. i felt my heartbeat frantically speed up and looked down to see if i was dressed. i was wearing everything that i remember i was wearing, but instead of the crewneck, which had ended up on the floor, i was wearing some kind of oversized graphic hoodie.

'what.. the fuck' i heaved, losing feel in my body parts again. i made judd jump, he didn't realise i was awake. he rolled his eyes and stood up.

'expected a thank you, but okay.' he responded.

i swallowed the lump in my throat to stop my tears from sprouting out my eyes and attempted to form a sentence.

'what???? a thank you?? where am i, why are you with me, where's my jumper, how did i get here??? wha-'

judd cut me off by passing me a glass of water. i stared at him in disbelief as i grasped it with my shaking hands and took a sip. i tried to talk again.

'answer me pl-'

'listen stass, you're fine. you went out and smoked something which was laced with some nasty sleeping drug. you passed out in the park whilst i was out doing my fuck shit community service, picking up litter. you scared the life out of me. i thought you were dead. you were pale all over and wouldn't respond. i took you back here and let you sleep and monitored you to make sure the drugs had just made you unconscious. i wanted to take you to the hospital but i knew you'd never forgive me if i did. i can't fuck with the police getting involved. the drugs are almost out of your system now, i've been spiked like this before. you've only been out for about 4 hours, i used your phone to text your mum and let her know that you're fine.'

i choked on my water at the reminder that i'd been spiked. tears shot out of my eyes as i pulled the hoodie sleeves over my hands and hid my face with them.

'hey faggot please don't cry. i'm so glad i found you. i was really worried.'

i pulled the sleeves away from my eyes to reveal my puffy eyes and smiled weakly. he moved closer to me and interlocked his arms around my back. i cried into his shoulder for a few minutes before he gently pulled me off him and layed me back down.

'go back to sleep, retard. you need some more rest to get the remaining drugs flushed out. i'll wait.'

judd was perched on the end of the bed with his eyes locked on me. this didn't seem much like him, but fuck, i was grateful. i couldn't believe i got fucking spiked.

i shut my eyes and felt myself drift into nothingness whilst my head sank into the pillow. i could feel judd's fingers delicately stroking my hair.

a few memories flashed, and it all faded. i was in a sleep that felt more heavy than any other feeling in my body.

maybe this boy wasn't as heartless as he painted himself to be.