CHAPTER 7: side effects

i didn't know how long i slept for when i woke up again, but i knew for sure that i felt a million fucking times better. i sat up again, recognising the room this time, and called out to judd, who this time, was sat on the floor using his laptop. he didn't jump like he did earlier, instead, he smiled and got up to come and talk to me.

'i think the effects have worn off', i said, readjusting the hoodie i was wearing, as it was all twisted from the way i'd slept.

'you know, you don't look as stupid in that hoodie as i thought you would. i put it on you because you were shivering in your retarded fucked up nike jumper. maybe i was destined to be a doctor.' he said, scratching the side of his head.

'well, you did a pretty fuckin good job of making sure i didn't die. i really can't believe you found me, to be honest. never thought i'd say this, but judd birch, you're a god send.'

just as i finished saying my last word, judd threw the top section of his body towards me and connected his lips to mine. i felt corny fucking fireworks exploding in my head. he held the side of my face as he worked his lips in sync with mine, then pulled away and looked down at his lap.

'sorry machinegunkellyfan123' he said, looking up to meet my eyes again. 'probably not the best thing to do after you almost just overdosed.'

i laughed shakily and grabbed his hand.

'you're weird, blue haired cunt. i can't lie, the second you dropped me off and drove off i felt like shit again. you make me feel weird things, but i cant get enough.'

judd pulled his hand away from me sternly, grabbed his car keys, and got off the bed.

'we'll have this conversation another day, faggot. you're still bugged out your head and you don't know what you're saying. let's get you home.'

'but i do know what i'm saying..' i retorted, feeling completely muted.

'you don't. i need to get you home. you can keep that hoodie, i don't wear it much anyway. also don't be a retard when we leave this room. leah and nick are home and i don't want them to hear us.'

i don't think judd knew that i had no clue who leah and nick were, but regardless, i nodded obediently and winced as i forced my feet into my shoes. i still felt kind of fuzzy and spaced out. judd noticed - and tied my laces quickly - before dragging me out the door by my hand.

we got to the front door and he turned the door knob with a stone cold expression on his face. i wondered if he even remembered that we just passionately fucking kissed. we walked to his car and got in. instead of playing music that we both knew we loved, we just drove home in silence. it felt like we could both hear each other talking inside our heads. he pulled up onto my driveway this time, instead of going a few metres back from my house, like i hoped he would, to avoid my mum noticing. he switched the engine off and unlocked the door on my side.

'be safe. i wrote my number on a piece of paper in the hoodie pocket. text me faggot.'

i got out the car and stood next to the car door staring at him.

'i'm addicted to you, judd.' i blurted out, my hair sweeping over my face, courtesy of the wind.

he paused, leant over, slammed the car door shut, and drove off.

- like he never heard a thing.