Chapter 54.

"Were she arrived half an hour earlier, I'm sure we would be able to save her

But the blood loss was too severe, her brain had stopped working even before she reached here.
I am terribly sorry for your loss."

The doctor in the green scrubs talked to him in a robotic tone, but his words were as clear as daylight.

He had lost his mother.

They had lost their mother.

"No ... no ... please, you don't give up like that. Aren't you a doctor? It's your job to save people.
Save her ... please ... Hyung, don't let her die, no .. please!"

Taehyung's cry was the only thing audible to him, along with the coldness started to spread throughout his whole body.

Mother ...

Their beautiful mother, her smile that brightened their days in that cold and empty mansion, her voice when she laughed, even her cry when she was alone in the piano room, unknowingly that her son was always listening to her from outside the room.

She wouldn't be around anymore.

There would be no one laid next to him during the nights when his father wasn't around.
There would be no music being played from the piano room before dinnertime, whenever he went home from his internship at his dad's office.
No one he would be able to pick the flowers from the garden for, and no laughter could be heard whenever he stepped inside the kitchen every lunchtime during weekend afternoon.

He stared at his younger brother, who was being held by Hoseok, trying to calm him down.
Taehyung was really close to their mother, his father being distant most of the time, to the point almost ignoring the boy's existence.
Now that she had gone, he looked like someone who had lost a part of his heart and his life.
Not that Yoongi could blame him for that.
Because he felt even worse.

"Save her. Don't you have the equipment for that? We can pay, whatever it is, just say how much, please ...we have the money.
Hyung, tell them, save her ... please ... please!"

His brother was trying to push Hoseok and made his way inside the room, but a male nurse helping Hoseok to hold him down.

His heartbreaking wail was echoing throughout the hallway of the hospital, bringing the goosebumps all over his body. Clenching his fists, he closed his eyes, blinking back the threatened tears from the corner of his eyes.
He had to refrain from bolted out to fetch his gun, and chase the shooter.

It wasn't the time yet, unfortunately.

He had to be strong.
For his brother and for himself.

"Mr. Min?"

A female nurse in white uniform was looking at him, holding a patient card in her hand.