Chapter 38.

Looking at the mirror, your eyes were trained at your full figure reflection cast over it

You didn't recognize the woman stood there, staring back at you.
How a fancy dress and shoes could make someone looked so different.

This wasn't the girl from six months ago, who usually wore ponytail and minimal make up.
You couldn't remember when was the last time you wore that faded blue jeans paired with plain t-shirt.

The woman in the mirror was wearing a full length spaghetti strap emerald dress, paired with a black stiletto.
Your hair was styled in wavy locks reached to your back, looking so smooth and shiny.
Your make up was flawless, courtesy of Mrs. Kwon's an hour of work.

You weren't that ordinary girl from six months ago.

The stunning beautiful woman in front of you was the mistress of one of the most powerful man in South Korea.

Where was the real you?

Often times you were wondering if you would ever really fit yourself into his life.
The life of where the tangled mixed of drama with the darkness part that has became his identity.

It was a thought purely the result of your desperate attempt to justify your reason to let him have his way with you, once again.

His promise that you would be able to unite with your family in the end, with him taking the position in between, overcoming his vulnerability towards his fear over your life.

No matter how doubtful you felt.

You begged him for the chance to call your brother yesterday.
It was only a few days left before you would be able to see him, what was the difference anyway, you tried to reason with him.

But he was adamant that you needed to wait.
His refusal only fueling your doubt of how he could really hold onto his decision, but you knew there was nothing you could do.

If he wanted you to wait, then you had to wait.

You grasped onto the hemline of the dress, the thin material crumpled on your palm, the gesture was failed to calm your nerves.

As much as you craved to be outside the mansion, tonight was the exception, you weren't particularly eager to go to the dinner.

Yoongi gave you a brief illustration of what to expect, and the image of how grandeur the function would be, only drove you even more on edge.

Why he even wanted to take you with him, you had no the slightest idea.

You closed your eyes in an attempt to meditate.
You watched in one of the lifestyle channel on TV that it could bring a serene state of mind if you do it correctly.

Massaging your temple, drinking cold water, and even praying to the universe.

Still...nothing seemed to work.