Chapter 59.

"I just can't believe this is happening

You were missing without trace for almost a year, then you show up, and you are engaged! It's like I don't know you at all. Who are you really?"

Yejin sat in front of you at the ramen restaurant you previously worked in. Just like many times before, the place was deserted during afternoon after lunch hours.

The interior didn't really change from the last time you were there.
From the drink chiller next to cashier that sometimes couldn't be closed properly, the battery operated maneki-neko that continuously swayed its left paw near the cash register, to the big potted bamboo plant a few steps from entrance door, and the opaque glass window to the kitchen with enough space where they handed the food through, with small crack at the corner that hasn't been fixed since you were there. Only that you saw several chinese paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling, it looked quite new.
All the time you spent here felt so long ago, so many things about you had changed.

You called Yejin to tell her about your wedding and invite her to the banquet, only to have her successfully dragged you here, of all places for friendly catch up, it had to be here.
She wanted you to meet with Chen as well. Chen was busy in the kitchen, only dropped by for a little chat and put a plate of garlic crispy chicken on your table before went back to the work he had half finished.

"Let's just say that ... we kind of clicked."
You weren't sure what to answer her, it was quite fortunate she didn't ask where have you been all this time.

"Did you meet him through Tinder? Because if you do, I'll think I want to try it too. Never knew a guy that hot could be so desperate."

She threw a glance at Yoongi, who sat with Hoseok at the far corner of the room, sitting cross legged gazing outside the glass window, talking on his phone. He drummed his fingers on the table, the bowl of jjampong in front of him probably had cooled down to room temperature and lost its steam.
Hoseok was busy with a bowl of ramen while looking at his phone.

Yoongi has been talking on his phone for fifteen minutes, and didn't show any sign would end his conversation soon.
He insisted to take you himself to meet with Yejin, said that you were still on the road to recovery, and he wanted to feel peaceful when it came to your well being.

You were against the idea initially, more than eager to throw your antsy bum behind the wheel of his sleek white Porsche you had been eyeing since he granted you the freedom, but he refused flatly, said that while he was off duty, he was more than capable to chauffeur you around.
In the end, you reminded yourself that he had tried quite hard and did well so far, the least you could do was to reward him with minimal understanding from your side.
The last few day out with him had been free from Sejin and his men, so in retrospect, it was a significant improvement.

"No, I actually met him here, while I was still working my shift back then."

"Just like in a fairy tale, maybe love at first sight?"
She looked at them with a hint of tease, while you inwardly sneered.