Chapter 16.

Yoongi discovered his fascination with guns the first time when he was twelve years old

He felt the gravitation when he saw one of his dad's bodyguard used it at the shooting range in his house, his adrenaline rushed everytime the bullet hit the target.

He watched a lot of movies, of course, but seeing and holding it in real life was a total different experience that drove his fascination to long hours of practicing to master the skill to use it to his advantage.

His fascination turned into obsession later in his adult life, when he saw of how a thing so small could drive people to be so frightened, willing to do anything, spill everything, and give their all, when they have that small thing pointed at them.

He loved the face of a person when they realized that their life would come to an end by an even smaller thing than the gun itself, the bullet that would pierce through the heart or head, the fear in their eyes, and finally the sound of the gun fired the bullet was like music to his ears, it gave him ultimate satisfaction.

He wouldn't going as far to say that he was addicted to kill, no, he was perfectly fine even if he had yet the chance.
Strict gun regulation made him had very few chances of using it, and with extra caution for that.
But when the chance did come, he would savor it like it was an experience of a lifetime.

A chance that came once in a while, in a mission like today, when he had all the plausible reason to use his skill to kill whoever stupid enough to cross him or loot his property.

Being with his brothers together for a mission, was like going back to the time of their group's early years.

Ten years ago, it was more like having friends for fun initially, went out together, nightlife with girls, bar and club hopping, racing on the street and occasional drinking and vandalism, just typical teenage delinquency.

The turning point came eight years ago when both of his parents were killed during a visit to a jopok house in Gwangju, to negotiate the term for protection fee and scheme between his dad's company and the gang.
To keep warehouses and shophouses free from being the target of loot and brawl, his father needed to pay certain fee.

The meeting went well until the moment when his parents about to leave, one of its member used a revolver to deliver six fatal shots through the car window, and killed his father instantly.

The shooter apparently tried to avenge his brother who was stabbed to death by one of his father's man, during a loot to his warehouse.
His mom was still alive at the time, rushing to the hospital half an hour later.

But one of the bullet hit the vein on her neck, she died of blood loss on her way to the hospital.

Yoongi was twenty years old when he took over his father's position at the company, and led the company from a medium company with three offices in Seoul to become a business empire spanned across South Korea within three years time.

He offered his members for percentage of stock options at a very generous price to let them held ownership of the company, to have a sense of belonging to the group.

Namjoon had developed his own software company back then, and Hoseok held a managerial position in his father's pharmacy business.

Seokjin's father owned private banks based in Seoul, which he continued to manage later on.

Jungkook was still in high school at that time, while Jimin and Taehyung on their last year in college.

Their graduation from college marked the group reformation to become a more sophisticated and structured organization, a protector for its holding company.

They recruited and trained their troops, with Yoongi, Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook as field trainers, while Namjoon, Hoseok and Seokjin running the administrative and technology support system.

On Yoongi's parent's fifth death anniversary, they ran a secret raid to the house of the shooter, who was just being released from prison four months prior.

They tied up and gagged his family in the bedroom, before executed him in the living room.

Yoongi put six bullets on him, two on his head, two on the neck, and two on his chest, an eye for an eye.

Taehyung used his blade to carve their group's symbol on his chest, a message to the other geondal, do not mess with Bangtan.

Authorities had a hard time to find evidence that could pinpoint to them, the masks they always wore covered up their faces, and it was difficult to exactly tell the difference between them.

Moreover, their targets were not exactly role model citizen, in the end officials tend to turn a blind eye on that kind of cases.

Yoongi didn't like the label of geondal or jopok for his group, they were nothing like the stereotypical mafia who dealt with illegal businesses.

Most kkangpae or geondal usually short on money, they would resort to petty crimes like loan shark, prostitution, looting or gambling.
The things that sooner or later would bring them down in the face of law enforcement.

No, he was definitely better than them.

Since he was young, he had always known that he was destined for something greater and more powerful than what his father could have.
He was always good in reading people, he was a man of a few words, but he observed a lot.

And dealing with numbers was like his second nature, made him a good investor and trader.
The rest of it was like flowed easily for him, everything like fell into place just like how he had wanted it all along.

But even then, he always reminded himself to learn from his father's past mistake, never let your guard down.

"Jimin, change of plan, we will go to Yongho-dong instead. Reset the GPS."
He said to Jimin who was driving next to him.

"Hyung? I thought we are heading to their house in Gwangan?"
Jimin touched the GPS furrowing his brows.

"Jungkook, notify Hoseok and other boys"
He dialed Namjoon's number on his phone.

"You have the location of the area of abandoned building in Yongho-dong right? Good..Send it to Jimin.
We are heading there instead."

"Something happened? I thought you called that Kim hyungnim to meet at their house?"
Jungkook asked him while putting his phone back to his pocket.

"Just my instinct. Let's just see if it's correct. We need to teach these vermin a hard lesson."