Chapter 66.

"Never knew you actually smoke

"Never knew you actually smoke."

Leaning back on his chair inside his office, he stared at the sky outside the glass window.
There was thin fog engulfed the city, blurring the view of skyscrapers and grey clouds, the air pollution in Seoul sometimes could be quite alarming.

He ignored Seokjin's remark while inhaling nicotine from the menthol cigarette with long steady intake, savoring the toxic smoke flowing through his lung. If smoking could instantly kill, he wouldn't even mind. Easy and fast death certainly time saving, less complication.

"Better than alcohol. Help me to focus."

"Yeah, but that shit makes your office smells like shit."

He forgot how to make smoke ring, had been tried it several times but failed. He couldn't remember when was the last time he smoked cigarette. He went with cigars sometimes when he was with certain guests, just for social courtesy, but never made it into a habit. His expensive perfume or his designer shirts wouldn't stand a chance against the smell.

"My life is literally shit right now, this suit me perfectly."
Damn, how did they even do it? He was a gun expert but couldn't even make smoke ring properly?

"Why are you here anyway?"
He ashed his cigarette onto the ashtray, looking at the elder in irritation.

"Checking on you, just in case I need to drag you to rehab."

He glared at Seokjin, but he didn't have anything to shoot back at the man. His mind was scattered and numb, he was questioning his purpose of the things he was doing in his life right now.

Working his ass off, building his business empire, all of those for what?
He could just sell his shares in the company, divide it for Taehyung and you, then buy a thousand crates of wine, alienated himself in one of his villa in Jeju, and slowly die in oblivion.
That option seemed very tempting at the moment.

But he was a man of his words, he promised Taehyung to always stay together with him, no matter how shitty his life now. And he wanted to see his baby later. Although he didn't have any rights of you, not even the privilege to be with you anymore, but the baby would be one of his motivation to keep going.

Maybe you and him were just destined to walk on different pathway from the beginning. He was just too deluded to admit it.

He stared at the picture of you smiling, the one he printed among hundreds that he received from Jung Soo when he asked the man to track you down.
The one that had Jungkook next to you in that hotel balcony, but he cropped it and just took the side that had you on it.

He framed and installed the photo in a built in desk box, whenever he wanted to see it, he just needed to push a button under his table and the frame would automatically popped out. He didn't want people to know how he stared at your picture everyday like a lovesick loser, licking his wound from the unrequited love.