Chapter 24. 🔞

Warning : Dubious consensual / non consensual sex scene. Skip if you are easily triggered.

 Skip if you are easily triggered

"Mummy, why are you crying?"

It was a regular sight for him, to find his mother sitting in front of the piano, staring at the empty space without emotion.

"It's nothing, sweetheart. It's just Mummy can't sleep, and misses your grandma so much."

She smiled to him with her tears strickened eyes, and pulled him in an embrace.

When his father was away doing his business and didn't come home, his mother would sit in silence, sometimes she would cry, or play the piano for long hours, or drowning in reverie until late night.

Often times Yoongi would come down to the piano room to look for his mother, and begged her to sleep with him in his bed.

His mother would then hold his hand and walked to the bedroom with him.
She would sing a soft lullaby until he fell asleep, then she would walk to her own room, sleeping alone in her bed.

Little did she know that many times Yoongi would wake up in the middle of the night to go to her room, just to check on her, to make sure she would be sound asleep, and wiped her face gently from her tears.

Even as a child, Yoongi wasn't oblivious to the fact that the relationship between his father and mother wasn't a blissful one.

She wasn't happy to be with her husband, she never was.

His father loved her, he knew that well, he could see it clearly in his eyes everytime they sat together in the dining room, when his father would look at his beautiful wife with fondness and affection.

An intense love that made him believed, he had to protect his wife at all times.

His nature of business which sometimes had to deal with illicit affair, led him to think that the only way to protect his family was by keeping them at the mansion.

They still could go outside, but only in his presence and heavily guarded by several of his men.

It was smothering, and Yoongi could feel his mother's frustration and unhappiness along the time.

Even he felt the same thing, but somehow he understood the reason.

He could read the way his father was thinking, and his mother's feeling about her situation, but he couldn't blame neither of them.

Yoongi was four years old when Taehyung was born, and he remembered the happiness that flooded over him when he touched his baby brother for the first time.

Finally, he had someone to play with, someone to talk to, someone who could be his friend.

Having Taehyung was like an oasis in the desert for him, a beautiful sweet melody in the emptiness of their big mansion.