Chapter 58. 🔞

There was a numbing pain along with dread inside him now, Yoongi could feel he was losing you

A part of him realized, this was inevitable.
How did he expect to keep you against your will forever?
It was bound to end someday, either badly or in a good way, he was doubtful for the latter.
Turned out, it was the tiny life inside you that had the power to make him changed his decision.

Another part of him wanting so bad to hold onto you, keeping you to himself and never let you go.
However, no matter how pretty the world he had built for you, in the end you would always yearn for the freedom outside.

Burying his face in his hands, he was trying to contain the desperation inside him.
He couldn't really say he regretted all the things he had done to you.
Maybe some of them, but for the rest of it, he had no other choice in terms of keeping his sanity and protecting you at the same time.

Now that you had your family back, it was only a matter of time before you go away.
The history between him and your brother wasn't a good one, he could imagine what your brother might have said to you.
He would ask you to leave him right away.

He had questioning his common sense to bring your brother to meet you at the mansion, but everytime he remembered your teary face when you wandered the night market because you thought you saw your brother, and the longing gaze in your eyes, he just couldn't forget it.

It was a real struggle to keep his resolve.

He didn't know how long he was sitting in silence until he felt the presence of someone taking a seat next to him, the shifting weight pulled his attention back.

Lifted up his head, he saw you sat with a doubtful look in your eyes, hands entwined together while staring at him.
He took in your face that was bared from make up, seemed delicate and demure, something that always made him wanted to keep you away from the outside world.

It took sometime for him to ask you the dreaded question.
"So, your brother ... had he decided to move back here?"

You shook your head, eyes wandered around the room.
"He can't decide yet, he is so used to life in Bali, he needs to discuss it with my sister in law."

Taking your hand, he wrapped it in his own, the warmth from your skin was calming to his senses.
"How do you feel? Are you feeling better after meeting with your brother?"

You gave him a small smile and nodded several times, his breath was caught in his throat upon the view, it was rare to see your smile, and he would love to have it more often.

"Thank you for bringing them here."

Releasing your hand, he looked away, suddenly the air around the room felt suffocating to him.
You didn't have to thank him, of course.
It was what he should have done a long time ago anyway.