Chapter 8.

You were staring at your phone in the bedroom, contemplating of what to say to your brother

It had crossed your mind to just spill everything to him, believe in him that somehow he would be able to help you.
Hoping that all the things Yoongi said to you were all bluff.

But that would mean putting your brother's family at risk, and you couldn't do that to them.

Not only that they were the only family that you had, but also because your brother practically acted as your parents when you were orphaned and had nowhere to go.
Ayumi would be six years old in two months, you usually celebrated her birthday with dinner at their house. Everytime you visited, your niece would chat nonstop with you, showing you her collection of doodle art and Bt21 merchandise that she treated like her life depended on it.
She looked just like her father, taking most of her physical features from your family side.

Once a week you would visit them and enjoyed Mariko's cooking, she was a whiz in the kitchen which could come up with delicious dishes even one that made from vegetarian ingredients, or some scrap or leftover from the fridge.
Both of them were vegetarian, but they still served meat for Ayumi and you whenever their budget allowed. You would certainly miss her signature curry rice and vegetarian sushi.
Sitting with them every week was a routine that provided soothing comfort in your otherwise quite dull life, outside your sole friendship with Yejin and Chen.

The reality of being Yoongi's mistress seemed nothing compared to the fact that you wouldn't be able to see them anymore.

You cried on the floor while hugging your knee, feeling so alone, with no one you could talk to.

How things could go so wrong in every turn in just a few days, you felt like drowning in an endless nightmare.
Few weeks ago, you would think these kind of things only happened in movies, even the seven men you saw earlier looked unreal to you.

You pulled a bunch of tissues from the box, and started to wipe your face, and drew a long breath to calm yourself.

It seemed impossible to compose a reasonable scenario that wouldn't raise suspicion from your brother, he wasn't stupid. He's been with you for long enough to read you so well, sometimes even better than you knew about yourself.
Closing your eyes, your brain spinning in full gear, trying to find a solution in this messed up situation, without putting him and his family in danger.

You met and stay with Yoongi only overnight, but you wouldn't take any risk by regarding his words lightly, not even the small possibility to test the water. It was too dangerous and you had to think about them more than about yourself.

You dialed your brother's number with trembling hands, waited until you could hear his voice from the other side of line.

"Oppa?"

"Yuri! I've been calling you since morning. Yejin contacted me last night, looking for you, said that both of you got work to do, but she couldn't find you at the apartment.
Where are you?" It was obvious your brother had been waiting for your call.