XC

Luna woke up early the next morning to a still house. Hobi was no longer in bed with her so she got up and tip toed to her room on the far right side of the house. After finding a comfy outfit—a loose, white bandeau top and some loose, orange palazzo pants; she grabbed her toiletry bag and made use of the luxury shower.

She pulled her damp hair back into a bun and put on some silver hoop earrings before padding back into her room. She notices a gift basket on her nightstand and grabs it, opening the door to the patio and placing it down on the table out there. She digs through her backpack and finds the notebook and pen that she packed and makes her way back out to the patio. Enjoying the peaceful sound of the water and the beautiful view of the sun rising, she sits there and writes whatever comes to mind.

🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒

"How long have you been up?" Joon asks, coming to sit next to her.

"Two or three hours I think. I watched the sunrise," she answers, leaning over to kiss him.

"I'll bet that was beautiful. Look at the turtles," he coos, making her giggle.

"I know right! I kinda want one now," she says, admiring the ones that were floating by.

"I'd love one too but we're never home long enough," he sighs.

"True, can't bring a turtle on tour," she replies.

"What are you writing?" he asks, referring to her pen and pad.

"Just jotting down some thoughts and lyrics. I have a lot of songs to write and it comes easily when I'm relaxed like this. Some of my best songs have been written when I was on vacation," she grins, passing him the pad.

"Gosh, your handwriting is so nice compared to mine..." he trails off as he reads.

"Yours must be horrible then cus that's scrabble," she giggles, making him nudge her.

"You have an interesting writing style. All of this reads like poetry and I can't tell whether it's going to be a rap or a ballad," he says, clicking his tongue as he reads more.

"That's because I don't know either. When I write, I just clear my head. I don't think of melodies of beats, just words and feelings. It's unorganized but once I get in the studio and play some beats, I can match the words I wrote to them," she explains.

"I'm gonna try this sometime. I mostly write after I hear a specific beat, although I do write when inspiration strikes outside the studio."

"My mentor, Mr. Hampton, taught me this way. He helped me turn a lot of my margin notes into hits. I was absolutely amazed," she grins softly, feeling reminiscent.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I could tell me meant a lot to you," he says sympathetically, leaning over to peck her forehead.

"One of the best things about being in the music industry is that you're never truly forgotten. He lives on through every song he's produced and artist he's mentored. I find myself teaching his methods a lot. It's how JK wrote My Time. I took pages of his own words that he'd toss to the side and put them together," she replies.

"Well I'm honored that you choose to share the things that you've learned with us. I can't wait to hear what the vocal line comes up with for their solos."

"Me too, I'm excited to work with them on it."

"We're on vacation and you two are talking about work?" JK asks, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"It's not work when you love what you're doing," she chides, leaning her head back to look at him.

"That's true. Jin sent me to find you two. We're having breakfast in the garden and then we're heading down to the beach. We've got dinner reservations at 7. Tae and I want to take some photos so put on something nice. Can I pick what you wear KK?" he asks, his big eyes round and pleading.