45

"So Jae-Hwa met her soulmate John, who had a soulmate named Jisoo, who died from childbirth complications after having this baby—Amara; and now Jae-Hwa is out looking for John because she thinks he's going to commit suicide....This is incredibly sad," Jin says, patting Luna's back.

"So now, I'm not only worried about John. I'm worried about Jae too because God knows what she'll do if she loses him too. She already feels Jisoo's loss," Luna says, closing her eyes to hold back the tears that threatened to spill.

"Don't cry baby. You've got to have faith that they'll be okay. Here, let me hold her. She may get upset because you are," Joon says, washing his hands and reaching for the baby.

Luna carefully removes the baby from the wrap and hands her over to Joon, who handles her as if she's made of glass. She watches him walk over to the couch and sit, quietly speaking to the baby as if she could understand him. It was a bittersweet moment.

Luna's heart melted at the sight, but she couldn't ignore the stinging behind her eyes nor heavy feeling in her chest as she began to cry.

Jin immediately pulls her into his arms, running a hand through her hair soothingly as she sobbed into his chest.

Bangtan's hearts broke at the sight, tears welling up in their own eyes as her sobs filled the room. With the exception of Joon, they each got up to hug her, surrounding her with their love.

She calmed down when little Amara began to cry, drying her eyes with her sleeve.

"She probably needs a diaper by now. She hasn't needed to be changed since she's been here," she says, walking over to grab a diaper, some wipes, and a blanket out of the bag.

They watch as she places the blanket down on the couch cushion next to Joon and takes the baby from him, lying her on it. She undoes the buttons on the onesie and checks the diaper, noticing that the yellow line had turned blue, indicating that it was wet. Skillfully, she places the clean diaper underneath the dirty one and removes it, quickly using a wipe and fastening the new diaper. She fixes the onesie back and hands the baby back to Joon before padding into the kitchen to get a bottle out of the fridge, placing it in a cup of hot water like she'd done earlier.

It was fascinating to watch her emotions change so quickly. It wasn't surprising though. She'd put the baby's needs before her own, just like she'd do for anyone she loves. She had that ability to set her emotions aside in order to do what needed to be done. Right now, that was taking care of Amara. Seeing that she was seemingly okay at the moment, they'd returned to their meals, watching from afar.

After getting the bottle's temperature to her liking, she walks over to Joon and reaches for Amara.

"Go eat. I'll be fine," she says, taking his place on the couch as he goes to finish his meal.

"Oop, there's those beautiful eyes again little one. Are you hungry? I'll bet you are," she coos, placing the bottle in her mouth.

Luna's heart melts once again when Amara wraps her little fingers around her pinky in a tight hold. She couldn't help but send up another prayer as she looks down at the adorable little girl. Just like any other baby in the world, she doesn't deserve to grow up with no parents.

'Please, to whoever's listening, let them come out of this safe and sound. If not for me, for Amara.'

"You know, you're a natural at this," Yoongi says, sitting down beside her.

"Yeah Noona. You managed to cook, clean, and do everyone's laundry while taking care of a newborn," Tae says, sitting on her other side so that he could coo at the baby.