18

Luna was beyond comfortable. Currently, she was cuddling in bed with Namjoon clad in an oversized T-shirt and knee high socks. She let out a sigh as she adjusted her head so that it was in the crook of his neck and placed a soft kiss there. The boy shivered and turned to place a tender kiss on her forehead.

The two had lain there in silence, just enjoying each other's presences until they were interrupted by a barrage of notifications coming to Luna's phone. She was tempted to ignore it but her phone was on the highest volume and it began to annoy her quickly. Namjoon chuckled as he watched the girl's face scrunch in annoyance before she unenthusiastically detached herself from him to get her phone from the nightstand beside her bed. He watched as her brows furrowed in confusion and then maybe surprise at what she was reading.

"Holy shit, I completely forgot," she said, running her fingers through her hair.

He could feel slight anxiety rise in his chest, but it was hers, not his. As soon as he fixed his mouth to ask her if she was okay, her room door creaked open and Suga peeked his head inside.

"You okay?" he asks. "I feel your anxiety rising," he states, coming all the way into the room.

"Yeah, I just completely forgot about something important I had planned. It includes some of my family coming over tomorrow and I just realized that they have no idea about you guys. My mom is going to murder me for not telling her sooner," she states worriedly.

She had been so caught up in them that it was like the outside world had melted away. Those messages had been like a bucket of ice water being thrown in her face, awakening her from her soulmate-induced haze and throwing her back into reality.

She had planned the day herself weeks ago and she wanted to face palm for not remembering it.

"Well don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine. She may be so happy for you that she spares your life. I sure hope so," Joon says, making her and Suga chuckle.

"I'm sure she will be but at the very least, I'll just get a chancla tossed at my head," she replies.

"What's a chancla," Suga asks, tilting his head curiously.

"It's Spanish for sandal or slipper. My mom is part Columbian," she explains, getting up from the bed and making her way to the door.

She was suddenly starving and needed a snack pronto.

"Whoa, so you speak Spanish too? Are you fluent?" asks RM as they descend the staircase.

"Yes, I'm fluent. It's my grandma's preferred language even though she can speak English as well," she replies, almost running into Jin's back in the kitchen.

The rest of Bangtan were sitting at the island chatting, presumably waiting for whatever Jin was cooking. She decided to grab an apple to munch on while she waited.

"Dinner will be ready in about 20 minutes. What are you guys talking about?" Jin asks, turning his attention back to the stove.

Luna sat next to Hobi and enthusiastically bit into her apple, humming contently.

"Luna's fluent in Spanish as well," Suga spoke up from the seat beside her.

"Yeah her grandma is part Colombian. I never knew that," Joon states

"Whoa, Columbia is her home country? Have you ever been?" Hobi asks, intrigued.

"Well...yes and no. My grandma is half Columbian and half Filipina so she was actually born in the Philippines but raised in Columbia until she was around 16. Then, she and her family migrated to America, Louisiana to be exact. That's where she met my grandfather."

"Wow, so your grandfather is American?" Kookie asks.

"Mhm African American/Creole," she answers, biting into her apple again.

"Like Beyoncé's mom?" Tae asks, his eyes wide.

Luna couldn't hold her laugh almost choked on her apple. Suga and Hobi patted her back with concern.

"Yeah, like Beyoncé's mom," she replies, still giggling.

"What exactly is Creole Noona?" Jimin asks, tilting his head—an indicator that he was interested.

"Creole doesn't mean race, it's more so an ethnic group. It's all about where a person was originated during the colonial era. Colonial Spanish and French people settled in the area and Louisiana became a state in 1803. My grandfather's ancestors were slaves brought over from France during that time."

She watched as the boys faces saddened.

"Slavery sucked but it's a part of history. My grandfather was proud of his roots though. Everything he and his family had was through hard work. My great great grandfather owned a farm and it was eventually passed down to him. Sadly, he passed away two years ago but the farm is still up and running. My uncle owns it now," she states proudly.

Her grandfather had instilled in her the importance of hard work and made sure she knew to never forget where she came from. He was probably the reason for her humble and down to earth nature. No matter how much money she earned, she remained true to herself.

"So I'm also fluent in French," she says, lightening the mood.

"Gah! That makes...four languages. Damn girl," Yoongi says, pausing to count on his hands.

Luna giggles at the pointed look that Jin gives him.

"Well five, I had my grandma teach me tagalong as well. I've always been invested in my family's history and I didn't have close friends like that growing up so I spent most of my time with my grandparents," she informs him.

"I spent a lot of time with my grandparents too. I was a weird kid," Tae stated, a fond smile on his face.

"At the time, I was basically an outcast but I wouldn't trade that time for the world. It made me into who I am today. I'm sure I don't have half their wisdom but I've always been told that I have an old soul. It's a term to describe someone wise beyond their years," she says, reaching over to squeeze his hand.

The boys were once again seeing their Luna in a new light. The fact that she spent a lot of time with her grandparents growing up made perfect sense. Getting to know her through prior interviews she had done, she had always seemingly held a poised and wise demeanor. It had surprised them how mature and business like she was when she spoke about certain things. When they had heard she was a fan and that she was RM's age, they had honestly expected someone a little more...well wild. Luna definitely has a fun personality but she was in no way the wild girl that they expected. She was a grown woman that happened to have a love for their music. That's when they all developed a crush on her. They had watched interview after interview and then transitioned to her music, essentially falling into the Luna sized rabbit hole. They didn't know an awful lot about her family life but they found that she was self-less, feisty, and extremely genuine. They were so deep that the staff at BigHit knew about her too, even Bang PD-nim himself.

Who would've though that they would end up here?

A/N: This is a filler. I'm cutting it off here because it was going to be ridiculously long. I'm already working on the next chapter so it may be up today or tomorrow.

Btw, the ending made me think of the song Get You by Daniel Caesar. If you haven't heard it, go listen! I may start recommending songs after every chapter... just because Music. Is. Life 🤷🏾‍♀️💜