LXII

Luna felt extremely open after FaceTime with her grandmother. As per usual, the woman listened to her thoroughly, never passing judgement. When she'd told her she found her soulmates, her eyes lit up and watered with tears of joy for her. It was a bittersweet moment because all either woman could think about was how they wished her grandfather was there to see it. He would've been their biggest supporters, forever in Luna's corner. He'd passed away from a heart attack roughly three years ago and though she had accepted it; talking to her grandmother made some of the grief resurface. Feeling that sinking feeling in her chest, her soulmates had come to check on her, poking their heads through the cracked door to make sure she was okay.

The sight of all their heads poking through had made Luna giggle through the tears, eyes lighting with love. Her grandmother, Mahalia, watched this with happiness, glad that her sweet granddaughter was finally getting the happily ever after she deserves.

The boys had joined the call briefly, winning her grandmother over with ease, despite the language barrier. Luna translated as they'd marveled at how young and beautiful she looked, a slightly older looking version of Luna's mother Linda. After some light hearted conversation, mostly about the ceremony, they'd sensed a talk coming and left Luna to close the call, shouting and waving goodbyes as they left.

Before hanging up, she had voiced her concerns with how Luna would feel after the world knew about them. Mahalia had always been a realist and that's where Luna had gotten that aspect of her personality from. She knew that they would get hate, lots of it. Still protective over her grandbaby, this was her seeking assurance that Luna could and would stay strong against all the hateful things that would be aimed her way once again.

The concerns brought out a fear that Luna hadn't really thought about much, not wanting to fret over it and worry her soulmates. She feared that they wouldn't be as happy once the world found out. She knew how awful people could be and wished that she could shelter them all from the shunning and shaming and harsh words that they would receive just for loving each other; even though they were literally made for each other. She knew that she could be strong. She worried for them, especially Hobi and the maknaes. They were all so loving and sensitive and she knew that they would hurt, something that made her stomach churn at the thought. She couldn't protect them from the words and actions of others, nor could she tell them how to feel.

She wondered if this was how her family felt when she went through it. Worry, anger, sadness, and worst of all uselessness because they couldn't do anything to stop it.

Luna gathers her thoughts before deciding that she should address her fears now. It was a rare off day for them and she wanted to set an example and keep communication open. After all, how could she expect them to open up and communicate with her if she didn't do the same?

Thankfully they were all downstairs on the sectional, eyes immediately going to her when she walks in.

"I have something to tell you. Speaking with my grandmother made me realize that this fear that I have is something that needs to be addressed," she says, sitting on the ottoman in front of the couch.

"Fear? Are you okay KK?" JK asks, now sitting at the edge of his seat.

"I'm fine baby, relax. The fear that I have is us losing our happiness. We're happy right now because everything is private. I just worry about how it's going to be once everything is out in the open..." she trails off, gathering her thoughts.

"Are you saying you don't want us to go public? Because we really don't have a choice once those results are released," Jimin replies, running a hand through his hair, not being able to hide the look of disappointment on his face.