LXXIV

Luna ended up getting a call from her mother right as she was stepping out of the shower. Apparently, Linda had been in a cooking mood and wanted to invite Luna and the boys over for dinner. This way, they would get to sample some American dishes and desserts and let her know what they wanted to include on the menu for their ceremony next week.

They all agreed and began to get ready. Luna was in a super chill mood so she just threw on a Rock N Roll T-shirt with some jeans and a random pair of white sneakers, adding a watch and earrings to complete the look. She left her hair down and curly, not wanting to put forth the effort to straighten it. She needed to cut back on the heat anyways.

The boys dressed casually as well, wearing different variations of T-shirts and jeans

The boys dressed casually as well, wearing different variations of T-shirts and jeans. They all had on their necklaces too, making Luna smile when she saw them.

They were all pretty hungry so they wasted no time piling into Luna's black SUV. Even Jimin was on time today. Jin had insisted on driving, but Luna had turned him down; insisting that she should because she knew the directions best. The neighborhood her parents lived in could be tricky to maneuver if you didn't know where you were going.

They made it about 40 minutes later and the boys looked at the house and the houses near it in awe.

"I don't know if I mentioned this earlier; but my dad is a architect. He and his buddies designed this house and pretty much every other modern house in the neighborhood," Luna informs.

"Sheesh, is everyone in your family super talented?" Joon asks, whistling as he takes in the house up close.

"In some way or another. I come from a family of go getters," Luna replies proudly, leading them up to the door.

She walks on in, not bothering to ring the doorbell and shouts for her mom.

"Ma! Where you at?" she yells, motioning for JK to close the door.

"In the kitchen," Linda responds and Luna leads them through the living area and up a small set of stairs that led to a huge state of the art kitchen.

"Woahhh, I'm in love," Jin says, completely wowed.

"It looks like one of those kitchens from those cooking competition shows," Yoongi adds as they look around in awe.

"Ok this is a lot of food. It smells amazing in here," Luna exclaims, throwing her arms around her mother in a back hug.

"It's one of those days. I just wanted you all to have a good selection of options to try. Have a seat wherever you're comfortable guys," she says, motioning to the barstools as well as the huge dining table nearby.

They all greeted her politely before taking the barstools. Jin and Luna offered help, but the woman insisted that she was almost done.

"Your dad and Jooeun as well as John, Jae-Hwa, and little Amara should be here soon. I figured we'd need help to eat all this. At this rate, everyone's going home with Tupperware," Linda chuckles, looking at all the food laid out on the counter.

"Well, I'm not complaining and I'm sure Jin doesn't mind either. We won't have to cook," Luna replies.

"Not one bit. I'm sure everything tastes just as good as it smells," he responds.

🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒

Luna was so stuffed that she had no choice but to let Jin drive. Her mother had prepared both Korean and American dishes for them to sample as well as deserts.

After careful consideration, they had decided on Kkanpung saewu (Sweet and spicy shrimp), Japchae (Stir-fried starch noodles with beef and vegetables), Gujeolpan (platter of nine delicacies)
Samsaek namul, Samgyupsal (pork belly), and dak jjim (braised chicken) for their Korean dishes. They went with tasty, but simple items like baked Mac n cheese, garlic potatoes, collard greens, and cornbread for their American dishes. The boys had really taken a liking to just about everything they ate, but some foods just didn't make sense to have at an event. Much to their dismay, Luna said absolutely not to fried chicken and fish at a ceremony 🤣

Seeing as they couldn't get a completely accurate count on exactly how many people would be there; it made sense to just serve the food buffet style.

Desert was the hardest part for everyone. Ultimately, they decided on doing a cupcake tower and a macaroon tower that would be topped by a round cake. One cake would be red velvet with buttercream and the other would be a chocolate and vanilla marveled cake with buttercream as well. The cupcake tower would have an assortment of flavors and so would the macaroon. They would all be various shades of pink, white, and gray.

Luna was relieved that they'd gotten that part out of the way. She was also glad that the boys got to spend more time around her family; meeting her father and John for the first time.

They all seemed to get along nicely, although Jimin, JK, and Suga seemed to be a bit more distant; opting to orbit around her instead. It was an act of protection; their way of letting her know they hadn't forgotten how bad he'd hurt her. Despite this, they remained respectful and added their two cents into a couple discussions when interested.

They spent most their time spoiling Amara and conversing with Jae-Hwa and John. Amara was about a month old now and was a bit more alert and animated than the last time they'd seen her. She seemed to take a liking to Luna's voice, but liked to be held by JK. He'd been so comfortable and casual that it secretly made Luna's ovaries burst. He would definitely make a good father someday.

The guys had done a mixture of teasing and complimenting him on that, making him look down and blush a deep red. Of course, this kick started the grandchild conversation, which Luna skillfully ignored; stuffing her mouth with food every time someone asked her something. It was comical and effective, but she was most certainly paying for it now. At this rate, she would have to unbutton her pants before they even made it home.

So here she was, stuffed to the brim and fighting sleep as she listened to her soulmates argue about who her parents liked the most.

Reflecting on the day they'd had, she wouldn't change a thing. She finally felt like her family was complete. For the first time in a long time, she was completely content.

A/N: Another update coming. If not tonight, in the morning for sure.

I'm in love with my new line break btw. I had no idea iPhone had the moon phase emojis 😭

Song recommendation: Riot by Summer Walker