34

Luna lie in bed staring at the ceiling, thinking about the day's events. She had spilled it all and it felt good. She told them everything, from her daddy issues, the horrific split from her band mates when she was 19, and up until the bout of depression she'd suffered a year prior. They'd all sat there and listened intently as she vented; knowing that she needed to get things off her chest.

They were surprised to find that she doesn't talk to her dad, like at all. She explains how she'd agreed to write him a letter; but has trouble summing up her emotions when it comes to him. A part of her misses him and wants to reconcile; but the other part is just fine pretending he doesn't exist. However, for the sake of her mothers, as well as a deep seated need for closure; she was willing to try. She doubts that they will ever be the same. After all, she was a child the last time they were close, but having a relationship is better than not in their case.

Despite K3, her old girl group, being her introduction to music; it was a rocky one. Her best friends at the time, twins Kyla and Kayla had already been a duo; but they had decided to invite her in because they needed a rapper. Luna rapped for a while, but after filling in for one of the twins; the fans started demanding that she sing more. Some of the twins' vocal lines had been given to her as a result and this pissed them off, so they started treating her like shit in hopes that she would quit the group. Luna bared their antics and endured for the fans, but they took it too far one night. The twins had snuck out to go drinking—underaged at that, and came back with two men in tow. Luna was not okay with this. After voicing this, the twins attacked, attempting to physically put her out of their shared room. Everything reached its boiling point in the hotel hallway when one of the twins, Kyla, slapped Luna in the face—initiating a brawl between the three teenage women. They had tried to spin the story when the police arrived, but thankfully the hotel had caught everything in the hallway on camera. The twins ended up going to jail, sporting matching black eyes in their mugshots and Luna quit the group and went solo. She'd came out victorious, but had lost who she thought were her only true friends.

After that, Luna signed to HMG entertainment, where she'd stayed until the end of her contract two years ago. Everything had went well until the founder and CEO of the company, Mr. Hampton, died of a heart attack. Mr. Hampton had been like a father figure to Luna and had taught her everything she knew about music. He was the one who had helped her realize her potential as a producer. When he died two years before her contract was set to end, his cruel son took over and changed everything. Whereas Mr. Hampton believed in self expression, his son only believed in following trends for money. He fired all the workers that actually cared and hired soulless businessmen like himself to run the company. So, for the last two years of her contract; all her creative control was taken away. Basically, she was a puppet and he pulled the strings. This is what made Luna spiral into a deep depression. She had explained feeling utterly helpless to the point that she dreaded getting out of bed. Hell, sometimes she just didn't. After staying locked in her room for two weeks straight—barely eating, drinking, and sleeping—she'd decided that she needed help. Thankfully, she sought out a therapist and started getting her life back on track as best as she could. Mentally, it was the most fragile she had ever been.

That part was especially hard for the boys to hear. Looking at her today, they never would've guessed that she had ever experienced something so dark. Once again, they were seeing her in a new light. Their adoration for the remarkable woman grew ten-fold. It was admirable how she managed to keep such a positive outlook on life after all the hardships she had been through. One thing that they knew for sure though was that she'd never have to experience them alone again.

🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒

Luna woke up at sunrise, just a few hours after she went to sleep. She groaned quietly and turned away from the window to stare at the sleeping man next to her. She admired the way the sun rays highlighted the red in his reddish brown hair, resisting the urge to run her fingers through it. Everyone had been nothing short of supportive yesterday, letting her know that they were there for her. Hobi hadn't left her side once though. They'd said that he had done the same when Yoongi had been depressed. He knew that she wasn't depressed now, but he'd wanted to make sure she was okay after reliving those painful memories. Luna had found it extremely sweet and took him up on his offer to join him in his bed.