Chapter twenty seven

HATE ME, IDC. I promise there will be percabeth, not this chapter but TRUST ME. you have to read this for the next stuff to make sense, but PERCABETH IS NOT OVER.
And I know the last chapter might've been a little suggestive, but nothing happened.
Anyway thanks for the reads and votes, xx Love y'all xx

------------------Annabeth's POV
I wake up on a couch, wearing a gigantic t shirt. An overwhelming smell of smoke fills my nose, and I gag.
My eyes water.
I push myself up on my elbows, looking around to see Luke sitting in the corner.
He takes a long drag of his cigarette, eyeing me warily.
"Morning." he says. I nod.
"Coffee?" He asks. I nod again. Luke gets up and walk over to me, handing me his half-empty cup of coffee.
"I'll get another." he says, walking away. I take a small sip, remembering that he likes it really strong. which it is.
Whatever.
I reach into my jeans pocket, searching for my phone, before remembering- I threw it out the window. So smart, Annabeth.
Luke walks back in, causing me to look up. He walks over to the end of the couch, lifts my feet, sits down, and puts my legs across his lap.
He takes a sip of his new cup of coffee.
"So." I try to start a conversation or something.
"So." he repeats, smirking.
I look at his bare chest, littered with scars. From fights, he says. Not sure I believe him.
He leans back and puts his hands behind his head.
A few seconds later, his phone rings.
"I have to take this." Luke stands and leaves the room.
I stare at the rickety ceiling fan, which is making a clicking noise every time it turns. I take a breath, and taste the stench of smoke coming from my, or actually Luke's, I guess, shirt. I need to find mine, and change.
I get up off the couch, and look around the room. Nothing. I dig around the couch cushions, until I find it. I figure Luke will be on the phone for at least another minute, so I peel off the shirt and slip on my tank top.
Next I decide I need the bathroom, which leads me to go look for it. Or just go to it, actually. I know where it is.
Down the hall to the right.
Before I can take a step, Luke is towering over me.
"What are you doing?!?"
"Uh, I need to use the bathroom. And take a shower."
He hesitates, and then says "Fine, do you still wear the same size? I have some of your clothes..."
I nod.
"I'll bring some for you."
I walk down the hall to the bathroom, and open the door, then close it.
I take out a towel from the cabinet and a bar of soap.
I slip out of my clothes, and turn on the water. Suddenly the door handle giggles, which means someone's opening the door. I yelp and wrap the towel around me, just in time. Luke peeks in and I scowl at him.
"Here." he hands me some clothes, and looks me over like the pervert he is.
"Get. out." I tell him.
"No."
"Now."
"Nope."
"Fine then." I hold the towel with one hand and slam the door on his face, locking it as fast as I can. I can hear him scream like a little girl.
"You're gonna regret that!" He shouts.
I step into the shower.
Coming back here was the stupidest thing I've ever done.
Number two was throwing my phone.
I feel a gust of cold air, and look at the window, seeing the shattered glass, which is a result of last time. That's how I got out, through the window. He wouldn't let me leave.
I have to get out.