chapter 38

author's note--

FINALLY IM BACK IM ALIVE

ITS BEEN FOREVER AND TO YOU GUYS THAT ACTUALLY READ THIS SHIT THANK YOU SO MUCH

IT LITTERALLY MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME

AND I NOW HAVE 40K SO YALL OBV DESERVED AN UPDATE (and also a better author but looks like you're not getting that one)

THANK YOU ;)

ENJOY

-just a reminder this is like the first draft im going to re-write the whole story when i finish this draft completely-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNABETH-

I accidentally stepped on a twig and Percy's head swung around. I cringed.

"H-hey Percy," I waved sort of. "I just heard you and thought I'd come see if..." I stopped.

He had turned away from me again.

I still didn't really believe the whole thing- greek gods and such- but i wanted to know what was wrong with him.

"Annabeth..." He sighed. His voice was rough and sounded like he was just done with the world.

I understood.

I mean, when someone tells you that literally your whole life was a lie, it's not the best feeling.

I flipped my hair over my shoulder  and he looked up at me. His eyes killed me.

I felt a deep connection with him, as if i should care more and know what this was about, as his eyes were red and tears were filling them to the brim.

"Annabeth... I'm so sorry." He struggled to keep his voice steady.

"What do you mean, Percy?! Oh my god, why can't someone just tell me whats going-"

------------------------------------------------

PERCY-

I started sobbing right then, on the edge of the woods and the beach, Annabeth looking confused and me being a depressed little fuck.

'Oh my god' she says.

She looked almost scared, hopefully not of me.

I looked down and let the tears drip off of my chin.

Then she sat down next to me.

She wrapped her arms around me.

She held me close to her, like i mattered.

"I guess they were telling the truth about my memmories..."

I sighed. "We'd better get going..." I got up and walked away.

Annabeth didn't follow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERCY-

The next month went by slowly. I stayed in my cabin mostly at first, which didn't help, considering Annabeth's old things are in there along with pictures of us.

Then is started going out every day, "dissapearing into the woods" as everyone called it, with Nico. He was always in there anyway. I listened to music with him and basically just cried.

I know, it doesn't help anything. Whatever.

Eventually i didn't want to go out, so back to my cabin it was.