chapter 39

ANNABETH'S POV-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remembered. 

I remembered Seaweed Brain proposing to me, 

I remembered the underwater kiss on his birthday,

I remembered falling into Tartarus, 

I remembered falling into love.

I grinned.  "Seaweed Brain,"

He looked at me, confused. 

"My Seaweed Brain." I said. 

Then a grin appeared on his face too,

 and he mumbled "Wise Girl," 

A tear rolled down his cheek. He leaned in and so did i. 

---------------------------------

"So," Percy said, his lips swollen slightly. 

"So," I smiled. Apparently the smile was contagious. 

"I wondered what the ring was from, but now i remember. I always had these flashbacks of Camp Half Blood and us, but i had no idea what they were."

He nodded. 

"But i do have some things that I'm not sure about, if they happened or not." 

"Well, I guess you'll remember eventually."

"I'm so sorry, Percy." I closed my eyes. 

"If anyone's sorry, Annabeth, it should be me. I didn't keep my promise." 

It took me a moment to figure out what he was talking about. He had promised me to move on with his life when i died. I guess that's what he's talking about. 

I shot him a questioning glance. 

"I, um, I promised myself when we started seriously dating that I would always keep you safe. That i would protect you, and i couldn't. And I couldn't move on, after you were gone, either. It was the last thing you told me to do."

"It's not your fault, Percy. You didn't have to do anything for me, from the first time we met. You could have gone on hating me for all these years. You have done more for me and you love me more than anyone else does." I sighed when i noticed the tears in his eyes again. 

"You cry a lot, Seaweed brain," I mumbled as i hugged him, his head underneath my chin. 

He glared at me, and then gave a small smile. 

We sat in a comfortable silence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry short chapter loves 

(im so british ^^except im not)

(I probably also offended some british people reading this sorry i love you)