Chapter nine

-------Percy's POV two days later

Turns out Annabeth was going to be released from the hospital yesterday, but the whole coughing thing made us stay an extra day. So back home for her, back to school for me.

School. And anyway, the doctors are just doing some test on her right now and then we get to go home.

"Seaweed brain." I look up.

"Hey wise girl. You okay?"

"Yeah, fine. What about you? You're not being an idiot right now so something must be wrong."

"Nah, don't you worry. I'm always an idiot."

"True." She ruffles my hair. "So can you push this stupid wheelchair out to the car?"

"Of course."

"You sure about that? Those arms look like noodles."

"Really. "

"Yup."

I stand up from the bench and grab the handles on the wheelchair, and then sprint down the hall, with the wheelchair on two wheels.
"Okay. I believe you." She says.
I smile. "Good."

-------Annabeths POV
After Percy drops me off at home, he kisses me on the cheek and drives off to school.
"Anna!!!" I hear a little boy scream.
The wheelchair squeaks when Bobby jumps on top of me, followed by Matthew.
"Hey guys!"
"You're back!" Matthew says.
"Yup. Y'all doing good?"
"Yeah! See I made this-" Bobby holds up a Lego car "-and it has a motor so I can control it with this remote." he says and sets it on the ground, steering it around the kitchen.
"No I did most of the work!" says Matt, "He just wants the credit."
"No! You're the one trying to take credit."
"No! You-"
"Hey it's okay! It doesn't matter. The car is awesome either way!" I break it up.
"Annabeth? Is that you?!?" I hear Susan call from another room.
"Yup."
She comes running.
"I thought you weren't gonna make it!" she hugs me tight, while I just stand there.
She's probably just happy her servant is still around.
Ugh.