Finding Them Pt.45

"Well then, I think it's time I get gong," Kristin walked over, grabbing Phil's attention. His brow raised slightly, she was ready to leave at the drop of a hat.

"So soon?" he asked, stepping away from sorting his satchel, and towards her.

"Yeah, I figured I've definitely overstayed my welcome at this point. Gained some knowledge of things I probably shouldn't know about," she motioned to behind him, "besides, all of this just feels very personal. I don't want to get in between any of that." Her views made sense, she was a stranger in all of this. She had simply been in the right place at the right time. Why she even came back with them, she didn't know. Why hadn't she just gone home?

"If that's really what you want, I won't stop you. But just know you're welcome here, you're not intruding, and I- we, would love it if you'd stay. Even if only for a bit longer." His words sent butterflies through her chest. Did he say I? She shrugged it off, even if he had said it first, he corrected himself.

Kristin sighed once, mulling it over. It all still just felt so awkward, she felt so out of place. Why did he want her to stay even now? Even so, she did enjoy the time spent here, there never seemed to be a dull moment, even with everything that had happened.

"Fine, I'll stay but only for a bit longer," she agreed. Phil's face lit up by a blinding smile.

"I'm glad, this means you get to watch Tommy learn how to fly," he laughed pulling her along behind him before bursting into the other room. "Tommy!" he yelled. The child he was looking for was not in bed however, but sitting on a chair by the window. Phil found this odd, Tommy never got up early, let alone when he was told to; yet, he brushed it off maybe it was something to do with adapting to everything. "Hey Toms, you wanna go flying?" he asked walking over to the boy. Tommy's eyes lit up immediately, this was what he wanted to do ever since getting his wings!

"Yes! When?" he nodded vigorously, shooting up out of his chair.

"Why not now? It's early enough that if we go into the forest a bit no one should see us, yeah?" With that Kristin, Phil and Tommy headed off to the place where he had learnt so many things. The trip there was awful for Tommy, he was constantly tripping over muck on the ground but also his own two feet. His eyes felt so incredibly heavy and he wanted nothing more than to cut them off, or glue them open.

"Alright Toms, why don't you start with just taking out your wings and moving them around a bit," Phil suggested, demonstrating. For once, when he took out his wings, they weren't bright saturated reds, oranges and yellows; but a dark navy blue with gold specks, identical to what Phil's looked like right now as well. He moved the right one, then the left, wiggling and waving them about. "Good. Now, why don't we start." Tommy spotted the dangerous sparkle in Phil's eyes, he could only worry about what was about to happen.

Phil grabbed him, flying up to the peak of the tallest tree. The branch they stood on bent slightly at their weight. Kristin watched in awe, never seeing a flying person before. As they stood there, Tommy looked out amongst the village and forestry that seemingly stretched on for miles, just until it collided with a mountain. It was beautiful and peaceful, and made him so tired. He yawned once, blinking quickly to keep his eyes open.

"So what now?" he asked, Phil who was stood a little bit behind him.

"I believe in learning on the job." (please tell me someone go that... XD hint: "I believe in learning on the job. Today is about survival. If you get blasted, you're dead.") With that Phil pushed the half-asleep Tommy right out of the tree.

so they be going for a test flight..... and some mumza moments. Tommy might go splat, yeah? Again I won't be updating tomorrow just a heads up. but I shall be back the next day! <3

Have a great day Wisps!

~Hollow <3