Finding Them Pt.20

"Oh, my gods, Tommy!" A collective yell reverberated off of the walls. The boy hadn't been responding, they could hear his heaving, sweat dripping off of his forehead landing on his cloak.

"Tommy?"

"Tommy, can you hear us?"

"Oh, my gods! Tommy!" The boy fell over. Phil, Techno and Wilbur rushed forward fussing over the child.

"Ah! Don't touch him!" Phil cradled his burnt hand to his chest. How was Tommy not dead? No one should be able to have their body temperature that high and still be living, or at the very least human. Human. What a funny term, what really made someone human? Phil knew, and he also knew Tommy was technically no longer classified as one, by scientific means at least. Pulling back the cloak Tommy wore he only confirmed this. Instinctively the boy wrapped his wings around himself.

Tommy's wings were perfectly proportioned to his body. At least Phil wouldn't have to deal with overgrown wings with this child. That was a concern for another time, however, right now they needed to focus on cooling him down to a normal body temperature before Tommy, quite literally, burst into flames. The other two stood in shock, looking at the extra appendages that the boy now had.

"Go get as much snow as you can carry, hurry." As Techno and Wilbur set off to gather snow, Phil took off his own cloak, spreading his wings to their full length.

'Sus soletia' Phil's temporarily black wings faded into a light grey with white diamond like patterns at the bottom. Phil grabbed the boy, cradling him close. There wasn't much Phil could do until Tommy was cooled off. Tommy was experiencing what Phil referred to as a 'magic overload.' Between just getting his wings and the emotional overwhelming, Phil was surprised he hadn't passed out sooner. The only thing he could do right now was comfort the child in his arms. Soon the other two came back with buckets full of snow, not sparing a second glance at Phil.

"Okay, I need you two to gently put chunks of snow on his wings, be gentle they're sensitive," Phil instructed. They did as he said. When the first bit of snow touch Tommy's wing the boy shivered, cuddling further into Phil.

"I know bud," Phil smoothed Tommy's hair back. When about half of the buckets were gone, Phil finally deemed Tommy's body heat to be regular. The boys wings slowly faded from their bright glowing colors into black with a bit of a purplish tint.

"What do we do now?" Wilbur asked. Phil knew he felt bad for yelling at Tommy. Out of all of them Wilbur was the most protective of the child, and was most likely blaming himself for Tommy fainting. Which in a way, it was, but all of them had stressed the boy out. Not just Wilbur.

"All we can do is let him sleep for now, when he wakes up I'll explain more but we have to be calm, we don't need him bursting into flames and passing out again."

That night was the first night Tommy didn't share a bed with Wilbur. Instead, no one slept except for the blonde-haired boy. Techno and Wilbur were confused and had been frantic, but they were all grateful for the chaos to subside. They were grateful for they're little brother to be okay.