Finding Them Pt.13

"What do you mean?" Tommy asked. "Well how about we start with the mud and dirt in your hair."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Techno got up from the rock he was sitting on, before taking a flask, filling it with river water and dumping it over Tommy's head. "Why would you do that!? Now I'm all wet!" Tommy yelled angrily. Techno scrubbed the mixture out of Tommy's hair, letting a bit of the blond color shine through. "You're the kid that ran into us the other day, aren't you?" Tommy's eyes were trained on the ground, a sheepish expression adorned his face.

"And your name isn't Bert either, is it Tommy?" He was in deep shit now. "No, it isn't...." Tommy knew what was coming, He had tried to trick these men, they had caught him, and now he paid the price. Surely he wouldn't be able to stay in the village after this. His entire reputation was ruined, not that he had one in the first place.

"Well, I'll let Phil handle the rest later, we have a lesson to start." This took Tommy by surprise. "What?" He asked dumbfoundedly. "Kid, close your mouth you're gonna catch flies. I said, we have a lesson to start." Techno grabbed a stick and started writing in the sand. "But Mr.Blade-" Tomy was cut off by a dry chuckle.

"Mr.Blade?" Techno asked, "That's not even my last name." The man only continued to laugh. Tommy blushed for what felt like the fiftieth time that week.

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize, just call me Techno, Technoblade, The Blade, The Blood God. I go by many aliases." Techno's hand rested on Tommy's shoulder, "Don't apologize for your poor attempt to trick us either. Others have done far worse trying to survive in this world, trust me."

Then their lesson began. Twenty minutes later Tommy felt like bashing his head against a wall repeatedly.

"Why does through, thought, and tough all have different sounds!? This makes no sense!" Techno furrowed his eyebrows at the frustrated boy, how was this kid ever going to read? (Techno came to the conclusion that he just wasn't.)

"Alright kid why don't we start heading back."

"yeah I should probably go home, worried parents and all that." Techno may have know part of his lie, but maybe not all of it. "Nope, you're coming with me to hash this out with Phil. Besides we both know that's bullshit. And quite frankly I'm scared to ask where you live." Techno grabbed Tommy by the collar, practically dragging him back to the inn. Tommy let him do so up until they reached the doorway.

"Come on Tommy, if I need to use force I will not hesitate."

"If this isn't using force then what is?!"

"Tommy just-"

"Who's Tommy?"