The Song of Comfort

Mornings in the Sleepy house were always chaotic. Contrary to their last name, they were all very energetic. Because of this Phil has adapted to waking up relatively early. On most days he'll get up around six, this gives him half an hour to prepare for the chaos to come. 

     Today, however, was a weekend which meant he would get up at seven. His son's always slept later on these two days. Even so, when Phil wakes up today, Saturday, it is 2:00 in the morning. He looks around for what woke him up. He jumps a little when his gaze meets that of his youngest's watery eyes. He looks scared and tired. 'Must have been a nightmare.'  Phil thinks to himself. 

    "Hey there Toms, whatcha doing out of bed?" The boy just looked up at him expectantly, clutching his bee plushy to his chest. 

     "Scary." That word alone was enough for Phil's heart to shatter. 

     "C'mere bud." He lifted the boy in footy pajamas into the bed with him, "It's okay Toms, you wanna go back to sleep?" The boy shook his head, scared to close his eyes again. Phil sighed slightly, Techno and Wilbur were the same way. Scared of what was to greet them in their heads. He did know how to solve this problem. 

      "Deep in the meadow," He began. Tommy's round eyes looked up at him in wonder, " Under the willow, a bed of grass." This was a song Phil had heard once while traveling, the day he found Techno in fact. Ever since it has been the song that he sang to his children. 

     "A soft green pillow, lay down your head, and close your eyes." His son who laid in his arms started to drift off. "And when they open, the sun will rise. Here it's safe, Here it's warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place, where I love you." As Phil finished the chorus his other two sons waltzed into his room. They probably woke up from his singing. Phil simply cradled the youngest in his arm while pulling his cover back, an invitation to join them. Phil's left wing wrapped itself around the two boys once they were settled against one another. 

     "Deep in the meadow, hidden far away. A cloak of green, a moon beam ray. Forget your woes, and let you troubles lay. And when it's morning, they'll wash away."  All three of his son's were getting drowsy now. Their father's voice nothing but ambient noise. 

     "Here it's safe, here it's warm. Here the daisies guard, you from all harm. Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place, where I love you." 

     With the last word Phil finished the song, all four children sound asleep. It was blissful to him, calming. This song would later bring comfort to them, in almost every situation. When they left home for the first time Wilbur would sing it to his younger brothers. It is also the last song, last thing, his sons would hear. He would watch their souls leave their bodies. One by one. Their faces forever resting, as if they were children again. Falling asleep after a bad dream.  

     It would also be the last song Phil would hear. As he laid himself down in the meadow behind his house, knowing it was time. He would sing the song to himself, thinking of his sons, how happy he is to see them once more. He laid in the meadow the place where he loves them. 

helllloooooooo. sorry I literally was gonna do jsut some small children story and then I was like, what better way to put this to use! and boom angst! (I also was gonna use for the dancing and the dreaming at first but then scrapped it cuz its more of a romantic love song but then i was like, ah yes the hunger games exists-) and now we're here! 

Also I do have a lot of chapters in the works at the moment so if you have requests and what not it might take a bit to get them going but I love getting requests because it helps me have a starting point which I struggle with sometimes. So thank you all again for reading and I hope you enjoy the chapters to come! bye! :)