Finding Them Pt.8

"Techno, knock that off. Give the boy a minute to gather himself." Wilbur decided he liked the other man. "Here's your guitar by the way, you left it over there earlier while hiding." Yeah Wilbur definitely liked this man.

"Thank you." He grabbed his guitar with haste. "So, why were the guards chasing you?" The nice man asked.

"I was a bit snippy with a shop owner is all," He explained.

"That's it?" Techno scoffed, "The way they were looking for yo, someone would think you killed their dog." "Yeah well, I'm just annoying apparently." Wilbur sighed, "Sorry 'bout running into you earlier, and thank you for the help - ?"

"Techno."

"Philza." Wilbur smiled. "I'm Wilbur, it was nice meeting you, but I think I've overstayed my welcome." Wilbur went to leave when Phil stopped him. "Nonsense! Stay the night at least, we have plenty of supplies. Besides, you look exhausted." Phil's hands rested on wilburs shoulders. Normally he would have slapped them away already, but something about Philza was oddly comforting.

Sighing Wilbur gave in, "Yeah, thanks." Every fiber in his body told him to decline, to leave. So why did he stay? Well he was exhausted, and would probably not make it far without the guards snatching him, but still.

Soon enough they started the fire. Wilbur sat close enjoying the warmth. He hadn't thought about how cold it had been until he was warm.

"So, what are you planning on doing then Wilbur?" Philza asked him. "What do you mean?" Phil chuckled a bit. "Well you can't spend the rest of your life running from guards." Wilbur thought for a moment. What was he going to do?

"I don't really know, what about you two?" Phil looked at him fondly. "Well if you'd believe me I'd tell you." Now this peaked his interest. "What do you mean?" "Nothing much, just that our goal is a bit bizarre." Wilbur laughed at this, "Nothing can be that bizarre, try me." Phil shrugged, a smirk playing at his lips. "Alright then. Techno and I are brothers, just found him about a week ago. We're on a quest to find our two other brothers and save a kingdom from tyranny." Wilbur's head was spinning. A lot for the older man to tell him in one sitting.

"Sorry mate, didn't mean to overwhelm you. Disregard it if you want." Phil laughed patting the boy's shoulder.

"Yeah, just a lot to take in I guess." Phil's laugh stopped, curiosity replacing it. He got up and pulled the second scroll out of his pouch, handing it to Wilbur.

"By any chance, could you try reading this for me?" Confused, Wilbur accepted the scroll hesitantly.

"Four brothers united but displaced. The seeker will find the three, willingly or not. Fate and coincidence go hand in hand. The first will be found monotonous but accepting. The second will be found in chaos but troubleless. The third will find you, so do not fret. Keep your eyes open for he will be hard to spot." Once Wilbur was finished he looked back up at Phil, still confused.

"Well Wilbur, you said you didn't know where you were going after this. Why don't you come with us?"