Boy in a box

The night was cold and crisp. The air would nip at your face, while your eyes adjusted to the lighting. Schlatt would remember this night like no other. Why? You ask. Because this was the night he met his son.

It all started when his doorbell ran, ten thirty at night. Who was was here so late, unannounced? Well a boy in a box apparently. No one, no note, just a baby bundled up and placed in a box, on his doorstep.

"So, who are you?" a somewhat drunk Schlatt asked the child who was now on his dining room table, still in his box. The baby babbled reaching his grubby little hands up, amazed by the man in front of him. "That's not much of an answer bud, but I'll take it." He only stared at the child for a bit longer, as if everything would suddenly make sense. That was, until a stench filled the room. "God kid, what have you been eating?" Said child only cried, uncomfortable. "Alright! Alright, I'll give you a bath!" He picked up the box, holding it as far away from him as possible, without completely dropping the child.

He ran the bath water until it was about two inches full, he didn't want to drown the kid. Schlatt set the boy in his box down on top of the toilet. "Okay kid, just stay there," he turned away for half a second to grab a towel, " and stay away from the tub-oh!" The moment he turned back was a moment of pure reflex, the kid was so worked up he had caused his box to start tipping over the edge. If Schlatt hadn't caught him in time there would have been a baby on the floor. He could feel his heart racing in his chest, this kid was going to give him so many heart attacks.

"Just for that kid you're now going to be Tubbo, because I can't think of anything better and you're completely stupid. Like, who decides to fall off the toilet? Have some decency." Schlatt quickly placed the boy in the somewhat warm water. To his dismay the bath only made Tubbo cry more. How much more of this could he handle? When the child was finally clean Schlatt grabbed Tubbo and ran. "Okay kid, we need to get you cloths." Tubbo only laughed, happy to get out of the bath, and the movement being extremely different from being cramped up in a box all night. "Kid, why are you laughing at a time like this! I don't even have anything small enough for you to wear!" Schlatt eventually decided on finding the smallest t-shirt he could attempting to wrap the child up just enough to keep him clothed. What was he going to do about diapers? Guess he's going to need some new wash rags.

When Tubbo was all dressed he finally got a good look at the kid. He was definitely biologically his, they shared the same shade of brown hair. Tubbo had blue baby bell eyes, and pale skin. His chubby little hands punch while his feet kicked. Obviously this kid was going to be restless. "Come on Tubs it's bed time, you probably should have been asleep a long time ago, but the world had other plans." He scooped up the child who had seemed to calm down, yawning occasionally. "What am I going to do with you?" Schlatt asked rhetorically.

As he laid in bed with the child sleeping in his arms he finally felt something in that assumingely cold heart of his. He wanted nothing more than to keep the child safe, keep him alive, keep him here with him. But Schlatt knew he wasn't cut out for this. He wasn't able to take care of a child, he couldn't keep him safe, keep him happy. Thankfully, he knew someone that could fulfill all of those requirements. That's when Schlatt decided he would take Tubbo to Philza Minecraft in the morning. There he would have a home where he was happy, fed, safe, loved.

If Schlatt had learned anything from this cruel game called life, it was that if you really truly love someone, sometimes you have to let them go.

helllloooo! i'm literally in school as i write this. I really wanna do a pt.2 to this so we'll see what happens but yeah, no time my friends for i shall not be caught!!! muahahahahahah

bye wisps! I'll see you later after school if I can update finding them! <3 

~Hollow