𝟎𝟎. the fall of gil-galad

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act one. age of ruins

 age of ruins

00. the fall of gil-galad «•« ━━━━

*      ✧                         

* ✧                         .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year one

𓇻 lindon; mithlond {grey havens}

*.                          ✦                           °.

A GENTLE BREEZE CARRYING THE SALT AIR OF THE SEA CARESSED THE YOUNG ELFLING'S CHEEK. The slowly rising sun painted the sky a radiant portrait of soft pink and bright orange. Elgarain's fingers itched for her pencils at the sight of the sea being illuminated by the dawn. But she remained frozen in place, her eyes glued to the sight before her as her fingers played with the soft fabric of her white dress. Her stomach ached with the feeling of stone cold dread. It had been plaguing her for months now, ever since the Last Alliance of Men and Elves set out to confront the Dark Lord Sauron and defeat evil once and for all.

The palace and the surrounding city had never been so empty before. The echoes of her footsteps in the hallways haunted her, reminding her with every step of the war raging in the East. Only a handful of Elves remained in Lindon, most of which formed the Royal Guard to protect her mother, The High Queen, and herself, the heir to the throne. Círdan the Shipwright, Gil-galad's foster parent and most trusted advisor, had chosen to stay behind as well. Most of the youngest Elflings stayed behind too, though some of them would have proudly joined their people in battle. A few of them were lucky enough to have their mother with them, but most had to watch as both their parents marched off to meet the shadow of Mordor.