𝟏𝟑. whispers of a shadow

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

13. whispers of a shadow «•« ━━━━

 whispers of a shadow «•« ━━━━

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3018

𓇻 lindon; mithlond {grey havens}

*.                           ✦                            °.

THE SUN WAS RISING ON THE HAVENS OF MITHLOND AND AS USUAL ITS QUEEN COULD BE FOUND ON THE WATCHTOWER ON THE CLIFF. Every morning since her return home, Elgarain had started her day walking with the memory of her father. She saw him everywhere, in the hallways and empty rooms, in the smiles and tears of her people but nowhere did she feel so close to him as the place where she'd last spoken to him.

Every time she stood upon that tower she remembered the words he spoke to her. "Our people will look to you for guidance, to heal them after the pain of this war has passed." And she felt every doubt that still plagued her mind at times disappear. She knew she was meant to do this. The weight of the silver crown braided into her hair didn't feel as heavy as she once feared it might.

In fact, she'd managed to outgrow most of her childish fears. She had accepted her destiny and though she knew she still had a lot to learn, she knew her people would grant her the time she needed to get there. Just like they had once given her father that same time. If there was one thing Elves had enough of, it was time.

Though there were times she missed that little Elfling, so carefree and happy. The girl who loved to escape the watchful eyes of her guards, the girl who recklessly accepted duels, the girl who marched up to the boy she loved and told him exactly how she felt...That little Elleth wasn't completely gone. She had just accepted her destiny and tried to bury her spontaneous impulses. She couldn't afford to be spontaneous as Tári.