𝟎𝟒. swords and pencils

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act one. age of ruins

 age of ruins

04. swords and pencils  «•« ━━━━

* ✧                         

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 2949

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                          ✦                         °.

THE GROUND CAME RUSHING TOWARDS HER, AS SHE STUMBLED OVER HER FEET ONCE AGAIN. She gritted her teeth as her body met the solid pavement floor of the training grounds. At least this time she hadn't dropped her sword...

"You still forget to plant your feet," Gyda spoke, sounding slightly annoyed. "When will you remember, Aranel?" The title wasn't spoken with as much respect as usually.

Elgarain glared at her from her position on the ground, green eyes narrowing in slits as she coughed.

"Stand back up." Gyda demanded fiercely, twirling her practise sword between her fingers with an ease that made Elgarain jealous.

A groan left her lips as she pushed herself back up, chest heaving and hair a wild mess. Even after all these years, Elgarain still hadn't mastered appearing as the royal symbol she was supposed to represent. In the beginning of her time under Lord Elrond's watchful eyes, it had frustrated her whenever she couldn't manage to meet expectations. Now, she'd learned to swallow her frustrations and keep her head held high. Because while she'd learned a lot in the decades they'd been here, she still never felt as regal as her mother, or as capable as her father had been. It was hard to accept that she might never be that person, but she'd been forced to do so in order to be proud of the things she was good at.