𝟑𝟗. the cost of war

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act three. age of anguish

 age of anguish

39. the cost of war «•« ━━━━

* ✧                                   

* ✧                                    .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 rohan; great west road

*.                            ✦                             °.

STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PANICKING MASS, ELGARAIN FELT A FAMILIAR CALMTH TAKE OVER. Whenever her people were in turmoil, a regal feeling of duty allowed her to remain her composure. With determined strides she made her way through the crowd, searching for the White Lady of Rohan. While Elgarain thought herself perfectly capable of ordering people to move calmly and safely, she knew what they needed was a familiar face telling them what to do. Not a foreign queen, especially if this queen was from another race entirely.

"Make for the lower ground!" a firm voice shouted. "Stay together!"

Following the sound, Elgarain found Éowyn as she directed her people towards the valley below. Their eyes met; a look filled with understanding passing between them. The shared burden of leadership. The two women both knew they had to get these people to safety as quickly as possible.

To her right an elderly lady slipped while hurrying down the rocks. Elgarain rushed over and lent her an arm to help her down safely. The woman offered a grateful smile and Elgarain made sure she stood steady on her feet before letting her continue on her own.

She looked out over the crowd and her brow furrowed. The row of people seemed endless and in their desperate attempt to get away, the people of Rohan were scattered all across the rocky landscape. There was but one thing to do...