𝟒𝟑. darkest of nights

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act three. age of anguish

 age of anguish

43. darkest of nights «•« ━━━━

* ✧                                     

* ✧                                     .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 rohan; helm's deep

*.                           ✦                            °.

THE PAIN SLOWLY LESSENED AND LEFT A STRANGELY COMFORTING WARMTH BEHIND. Like the rays of the sun warming her skin, even though it was the middle of the night. She couldn't quite put into words what was happening, but she could sense something. A presence, a spirit residing within her and taking up room next to her, a fëa companion to her own. There was no solid shape to it. The presence looked more like an aura with a deep green color.

She wasn't scared. For somehow it felt as if this fëa had been with her all her life.

And when it spoke, she knew it to be true.

"Stand. Now." It was Gyda, speaking from inside of her, giving her body strength that she could never have found on her own. Her body moved, fueled by Gyda's willpower. Slowly, but strongly. "Take your spear."

The short but clear instructions helped her clear away the fog in her head that remained from the fall. But she felt they also helped Gyda. Somehow, she could sense a fear deeply rooted inside her fëa, an echo of what she herself was feeling. This wasn't natural, it wasn't normal, and they both knew it. But Gyda helped her shove those worries and fears aside. Survive, that was the most important thing right now.