𝟐𝟓. duty unto death

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

25. duty unto death «•« ━━━━

* ✧                             

* ✧                             .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 lothlórien; northern border

*.                           ✦                             °.

STRANGE HOW TIME COULD CHANGE PEOPLE. How two opposites of a coin, when forced to work together, would learn to appreciate and care for each other. Despite, or perhaps because, of their differences. How rare to have met someone who becomes a part of your very soul, inseparable. How rare to feel their joy as if it was yours, or their pain as if it were your own...

Elgarain had forgotten how to breathe. A black shadow held her lungs captive, slowly squeezing the air from her body. The sight of Gyda's pale skin beneath the moonlight made her sway on her feet. For a moment she had turned back into that young Elleth in need of constant protection and reassurance from the Head of her Guard. But many years had passed since then. She was no longer helpless and naïve. Gyda had made sure of that.

"Put her on her side," she instructed Legolas as she rushed forward. Her voice taking on the formal and calming tone of a capable healer.

She fell on her knees beside the prince of Mirkwood, who hadn't even heard her. His skin was almost as pale as that of her friend. His eyes wide and worried, unable to look away from Gyda's still figure.

With a desperate glance she searched for Aragorn, who didn't need words to know what she meant for him to do. Immediately he made his way over towards Legolas. He placed a hand on his friends' shoulder, softly pulling him aside. Slowly Legolas got to his feet, his fists clenched and his eyes never once looking away from Gyda.