𝟑𝟏. to catch a night terror

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act three. age of anguish

 age of anguish

31. to catch a night terror «•« ━━━━

* ✧                               

* ✧                                .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 rohan; eastfold

*.                           ✦                            °.

SHE WAS UTTERLY ALONE IN A SEA OF DARKNESS. The shadows seemed to be moving in on her. Like a living creature it swirled and trapped her in this void. A shiver crawled down her spine as she frantically looked around. A hopeless attempt to find something, anything to hold on to.

Her thoughts were racing to figure out where she was but the suffocating darkness was making it impossible to think clearly. Elgarain wrapped her arms around herself, as if that would somehow protect her. But once she realized she was alone, truly alone, a sob fell from her lips. There wasn't even so much as a distant star to be found.

"Hello?" she called out, her voice trembling with uncertainty. "Is anybody there?"

The ground felt smooth and steady beneath her feet as she carefully moved forward. Encouraged by the feeling, Elgarain picked up her pace, desperate to escape the darkness.

"I thought I taught you better than that."

The voice was far away and yet Elgarain recognized it instantly.

"Gyda?" She turned to look around but there was no sign of the Elleth.

"Never announce your presence to your enemy," her voice came echoing out of the darkness once again. It held that familiar sternness Gyda used during their training lessons back in Imladris. The tone was both comforting and foreign, belonging to a life she no longer knew.