𝟎𝟑. the valley of imladris

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act one. age of ruins

 age of ruins

03. the valley of imladris «•« ━━━━

 the valley of imladris «•« ━━━━

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year one

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                           ✦                              °. 

THE VALLEY OF IMLADRIS WAS LIKE A GEM PLACED AT THE ROOTS OF THE MISTY MOUNTAINS. It was carefully hidden away in the surrounding landscape and Elgarain doubted that anyone who wasn't Elf kind could find it on their own. A path, carved masterfully to completely disappear into the surrounding nature, led them into the home of Lord Elrond. And once her eyes saw the hidden valley, she swore her heart stopped for a moment.

Carved into the valley of a scar that ripped through the landscape, Rivendell was surrounded by high cliffs, shielding it from unfriendly eyes. Waterfalls came tumbling down into the deep, forming rivers and lakes of deep blue color. Trees grew everywhere and the houses were built around them, so much so that at times it was hard to see where nature began and Elf architecture ended. Everywhere she looked colors of deep brown and lively green greeted her. The air was filled with sweet smells and the sound of rushing water in the distance.

The arches that formed the windows and doors and the gentle curves carved into the pillars reminded her of home. It warmed her heart to realize that even though they lived far away from each other, the residents of Rivendell were still her people. All across Arda were traces of her home to be found, treasures scattered around the landscape where her people had made themselves at home. It was comforting and suddenly the thought of spending time here didn't seem quite so daunting anymore.