𝟑𝟑. still breathing

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act three. age of anguish

 age of anguish

33. still breathing  «•« ━━━━

* ✧                                 

* ✧                                 .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 north of rohan; fangorn forest

*.                         ✦                           °.

THIS TIME GYDA WASN'T THERE IN THE DARK TO GREET HER. But it didn't worry her. For it meant her friend was still alive and had not yet joined her in the cold arms of death. After losing her father, Elgarain had often tried to paint the Halls of Mandos. But her mind had never been able to conjure a picture to put to paper. Though even if she had some sort of vague idea of the resting place of the Eldar, this darkness certainly wasn't it.

She had hoped to be greeted by golden sunlight, by the singing of birds and a soft summer breeze. Perhaps her father would've been there, smiling at her. Maybe she would even get to meet her grandfather and grandmother. Or some of the other great Lords of the House of Fingolfin.

Instead, she was alone in the darkness once again.

Which was probably for the best. For what had she accomplished that would even make her worthy to stand in the presence of her ancestors? Her rule had been short and, in that time, she hadn't left an heir behind to protect her people. All because her heart belonged to someone far out of reach. Then, she had decided to join a quest and leave her people behind. And now, she hadn't even managed to see that quest through.

She had only ever done what she thought was right and it led her straight to a lonely death. Far away from anything and anyone she'd ever known.

A sob escaped her lips and she wrapped her arms around herself to try and keep warm. But as she moved her hand, a silver flicker of light caught her eye. Vilya shone softly, almost comforting. She wasn't alone after all.