𝟒𝟏. honour and allegiance

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act three. age of anguish

 age of anguish

41. honour and allegiance «•« ━━━━

* ✧                                     

* ✧                                     .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 rohan; helm's deep

*.                            ✦                             °.

ELGARAIN HELD ARAGORN'S HAND FIRMLY IN HER OWN, AS IF NEEDING TO TOUCH HIM TO CONVINCE HERSELF HE TRULY HAD RETURNED. But even through her immeasurable happiness she couldn't forget years of training as a healer. Her skilled eyes made a quick study of his bruised and battered body. He looked exactly like one might expect from a man who'd taken a tumble off a cliff. His clothes were torn, revealing bloody gashes and bruises beneath.

Before she could make a comment on it though, her eyes were drawn to someone entering the hall behind them. Gyda walked in, followed closely by Legolas and Gimli. Her guard stared at the sight before her with wide eyes. It was only then Elgarain noticed the sword Aragorn carried at his belt. Gyda's sword, the one that had belonged to her father. Even when facing death, Aragorn had held on to it. They all knew the sword was Gyda's most treasured possession.

"You've returned." Gyda moved closer, stopping when she was right in front of him. "How?" Her eyes observed his tired frame and bloodied clothes before they rested on the sword at his side.

"Brego found me at the riverbank." Aragorn said, smiling at the barely visible smile that graced Gyda's face. Even at the return of her friend, she masked her emotions well.