𝟏𝟗. teeth and claw

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

19. teeth and claw «•« ━━━━

* ✧                         

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 misty mountains; wildernis

*.                          ✦                           °.

THE FELLOWSHIP HAD WEARILY MANAGED TO STUMBLE DOWN THE LAST REMAINING MOUNTAIN SLOPES. The pass of Caradhras had defeated them, leaving them with no other option than to go through the Mines of Moria. The thought alone made Elgarain shiver but she would rather face that darkness than facing the only other option; going back. Though she knew that danger was still lurking close, not having forgotten the haunting howls of the Wargs on their trail. And the fact that Gyda kept a close watch of the landscape stretching out around them, was enough of an indication that she was still expecting an attack as well...

Despite the storm having passed, the wind remained cold and cut through their clothes like a knife made of ice. Soon the effects of the Miruvor started to fade and the Hobbits were shivering once again, the cold of the snow storm still clutching to their bones. She could feel it too, like the sun had been driven from her veins and been replaced with frost. She didn't want to waste the precious drink but the temptation to hand everyone another swig was growing with each step she took.

Exhausted silence clung to the air as they continued their journey. Darkness would soon fall and they couldn't possibly go on much longer. Meaning they couldn't keep the presence of the Wargs a secret much longer...