𝟏𝟐. the stars pleaded

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act one. age of ruins

 age of ruins

12. the stars pleaded «•« ━━━

* ✧                         

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 2949

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                           ✦                          °.

IT WAS RAINING THAT MORNING. Thick droplets formed puddles on the muddy ground and Elgarain watched numbly how the circles spread and rippled as the drops continued to fall. It was almost as if the sky had sensed her mood and decided to mirror it with a heavy downpour. Once she might have danced in it, but now every bone in her body seemed to weigh as heavy as her soaked dress. She was shivering as she finally turned away from the window and continued to walk to her room, arms wrapped around her waist to capture what little warmth she had left. Her gaze was turned to the ground, not seeing anything as last night replayed itself in her mind like a never ending nightmare.

"Tell me what?" she'd muttered, heart hammering nervously in her chest.

Estel could barely seem to bring himself to look at her, his eyes darting around the room and only occasionally landing on her face. "The reason Lord Elrond had summoned me to my study. He thought it was time I knew-" His voice drifted off as he seemed to get lost in thought.

"Come on," she whispered, taking his hand and pulling him with her as she took a seat on the ground. Even then she did not let go of his hand, holding it tightly as she tried to provide comfort for whatever seemed to be haunting him. "Start at the beginning. What did he tell you?"