𝟎𝟕. a taste of freedom

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━»•» act one. age of ruins

 age of ruins

07. a taste of freedom «•« ━━━━

* ✧                         

* ✧                          .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 2949

𓇻 eriador; imladris {rivendell}

*.                           ✦                          °.

HER SATIN DRESS WAS STAINED AND DIRTY BUT ELGARAIN COULDN'T CARE LESS. She'd followed Estel through the forest, away from the valley of Imladris even though he hadn't revealed where he was taking her yet. Not that she cared much, simply being away from the suffocating feeling of her responsibilities was a bliss. She couldn't remember the last time she'd been so far away from the protected borders of Rivendell. Sometimes Gyda let her take her horse for a gallop through the hills, but never without guard. So being this far away and without Galion or Daros watching her back at every moment felt so incredibly freeing.

Estel walked with sure and large strides, clearly having a destination in mind. Though every time she'd asked him about it, he refused to answer and so she'd decided to ask him about other things, everything that came to mind. And no matter how strange it might seem there never seemed to be any judgement in his grey eyes, only amusement and, at times, curiosity.

"Do you ever feel out of place in Rivendell?" She asked as she walked beside him through the greenery. "Humans and Elves are greatly different after all."

He laughed softly and pondered her question for a moment. "At first I felt like I might never measure up, which is why I trained until my hands blistered." He looked at his hands as if he might still see the wounds, but now they'd healed and his hands looked capable and strong. "But after a while you learn not to care so much and you merely try to be capable enough for you."