𝟐𝟖. around the riverbend

°∴,*⋅✲✦ ( ♕ ) ✦✲⋅*,∴°

━━━━ »•» act two. age of shadow

 age of shadow

28. around the riverbend «•« ━━━━

* ✧                             

* ✧                              .°

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ third age ━━ year 3019

𓇻 lothlórien; celebrant {silverlode}

*.                          ✦                           °.

THEIR TIME IN LOTHLÓRIEN HAD COME TO AN END. If it had been up to Elgarain they would have stayed in those peaceful woods forever, but of course she knew that was just a silly dream. Now that Gyda was completely healed, Aragorn had announced their departure yesterday. They hadn't really talked about who would be their guide now that Gandalf was gone, but they didn't have to. It only felt natural that Aragorn would now fulfill that role. He was the one with the most knowledge about the lands they would be passing through. Still, it felt strange to have that place be filled by anyone but the gray wizard.

The watery morning sun just about managed to peek through the leaves of the Mallorn trees. The Fellowship was gathered at the riverside, where they'd been told the Elves of Lórien would say their farewells, including the Lord and Lady themselves. The plan was to row down the Silverlode, to where the river merged with the Anduin. They would follow the waters until they reached the falls of Rauros. From there, they would enter Mordor.

The Galadhrim had prepared boats from the lightest of woods to carry them across the water. They had also gifted them with Lembas bread. An Elvish waybread that could keep them fed for days with a mere bite. But before they were allowed to leave, the Lord and Lady of the woods had wanted to speak with them all.